We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

walking in paris at night

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Topic
walking in paris at night

My niece and I are staying at the Val Girard Hotel in Paris, in July. The only tickets available for the eiffel tower are 11:00 pm at night which is a 15-20 min walk from the hotel. Is it safe to walk at this time of night or if not are taxis available?

thank you,

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,464 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: walking in paris at night

All of Paris is safe at pretty much any time as long as you use common sense, w.r.t pickpockets in the day and inhebriated people at night. Mugging is not a Parisian habit.

PS: great location choice, the Square Saint Lambert next to your hotel is one of the most beautiful in Paris.

Edited: 3:29 pm, May 08, 2014
Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: walking in paris at night

That's not even late for Paris. People are out and about much later, so there is no problem at all walking around.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: walking in paris at night

It will be safe to walk.

There's a taxi stand near the Eiffel Tower and the buses and metro will still be running until at least half past midnight.

Waterloo, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,586 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: walking in paris at night

Yup No big problem walking in Paris.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: walking in paris at night

Thank you so much for your quick response. Do you have any suggestions for shopping or restaurants. We are a block away from the metro so getting around shouldn't be a problem.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: walking in paris at night

Well, what are you shopping for and what do you want to eat? (And what do you want to pay for it?)

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,464 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: walking in paris at night

At the western corner of abovementioned square St Lambert (so about 200m NW from your hotel) is one of the branches of Chez Papa, with hearty south-western cuisine (think lots of duck) and reasonable prices.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: walking in paris at night

Yes, that is an excellent restaurant on rue de la Croix Nivert.

Think paper tablecloths and Duralex glasses -- everything I love in a modest restaurant!

Edited: 3:46 pm, May 08, 2014
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: walking in paris at night

reasonable restaurants where a picky teenager will find something to eat; shopping - I read that July is the time of year when you can find sales... I will try the restaurant mentioned. Thank you

Tucson, Arizona
Level Contributor
2,271 posts
1,887 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: walking in paris at night

Yes, the Paris summer sales run from June 25-July 29.