We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saturday afternoon food markets

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool
Level Contributor
269 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Saturday afternoon food markets

Hello,

We will be arriving next Saturday and wondered if there were any food markes where we could geta spot of lunch? We will be statying in the montmatre area but happy to hop on the metro if needed.

Thanks

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saturday afternoon food markets

I don't think there's anything here that resembles Borough Market, Covent Garden, etc - if that kind of street food is what you have in mind. Outdoor markets do sell some prepared food, but not an awful lot of it.

Some people like the little Marche Aux Enfants Rouges, on rue de Bretagne in the Marais, which has several ethnic food stalls selling couscous, sandwiches, Asian food, in addition to some fresh produce.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
269 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saturday afternoon food markets

Ah ok, thanks for your response

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saturday afternoon food markets

The Barbès market operates until 3pm on Saturdays but it's not a place that I would think of for getting lunch.

Just about all of the old covered markets have food places inside, but the one near I live closes from 13:30 to 16:00 for example.

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
272 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Saturday afternoon food markets

I'd love to visit markets that resemble Borough, Covent Garden or Camden markets in Paris.

Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
8,970 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Saturday afternoon food markets

See answer #1 "I don't think there's anything here that resembles Borough Market, Covent Garden, etc"

Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
272 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Saturday afternoon food markets

I read it the first time around. It's an expression of fondness I have for interesting food markets like those I've named on my previous post.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,422 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Saturday afternoon food markets

Les Enfants Rouges wine bar is open for Saturday lunch. It is located in the covered market by the same name. It has just been taken over by a new young chef and is considered quite good.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Saturday afternoon food markets

In terms of covered markets in Paris, I would say that the Marché Saint Quentin next to Gare du Nord is one of the very best.

For a "Camden" type market, the place to go is the flea market at Porte de Clignancourt.

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,818 posts
572 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Saturday afternoon food markets

I agree with Ker (not a typo).

That market he mentions above has a bit of a Borough market vibe.

Personal recommendation for the Morrocan food counter!!

You might also consider 'market streets' like rue Lepic, rue des Martyrs or rue de Levis for a a foodie experience but avoid between 1pm and 4pm when some shops close.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
269 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Saturday afternoon food markets

Marche saint quentin sounds ideal, certainly worth a look and not far from where we are staying.