We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental car return at Gare de Montparnasse

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
234 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Rental car return at Gare de Montparnasse

We will be returning our rental car to the Gare de Montparnasse, renting through Europcar. I have the directions, but I was wondering if there is anything tricky about returning the car that I should know about beforehand? Is the rental return in the station, below in a garage, on the street? Any help would be appreciated! Thank you.

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,158 reviews
from $108.40*
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
460 reviews
from $332.80*
Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,758 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental car return at Gare de Montparnasse

I have not returned a car there but I believe the Europcar return is on the south side of the building. You might take a look at google street view, it might show you precisely where the return is.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental car return at Gare de Montparnasse

I don't feel like looking it up right at this moment, but most of the car rental returns at the major train stations for the big companies are in the car park of the train station itself. It will be clearly marked on the signs if so.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental car return at Gare de Montparnasse

Have a look at the exact address on Google Maps, street view, so you'll recognize the buildings on either side. And, plan your route, as most of the streets all around are one-way.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental car return at Gare de Montparnasse

I imagine that you will be entering Paris on avenue du Maine.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
234 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rental car return at Gare de Montparnasse

Thanks, I have tried to put in the address, but it only shows a large grey building. I was wondering if I need to go into a garage to return the car. I don't see any signs that show Europcar.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rental car return at Gare de Montparnasse

You will not see any sort of huge Europcar sign, just a small logo on the car park entrance. The large grey building is almost certainly the train station. The car park is under it.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
234 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rental car return at Gare de Montparnasse

That is probably it because the address on google maps shows the entrance to a car park in that grey building. Thanks for the help. If you ever need answers for Chicago, I would be happy to help!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rental car return at Gare de Montparnasse

Drive in Chicago? Are you out of your mind? ;-)

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Rental car return at Gare de Montparnasse

<<I imagine that you will be entering Paris on avenue du Maine.>>

True...so it's helpful to be able to recognize the buildings along the way and at the turns, as you approach, so you don't miss the left turn, whereupon, if you continue straight, you'll be in a tunnel and wind up on blvd Montparnasse, then have to find your way back.

Edited: 5:02 pm, April 05, 2014
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
234 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rental car return at Gare de Montparnasse

Come on, now. Chicago is a beautiful city and very easy to drive around (if you have nerves of steel). If I can drive in Chicago, should Paris be any problem? Seriously, it is a wonderful city, the best in the USA!