We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Berthillion ice cream

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
seattle
Level Contributor
407 posts
130 reviews
Save Topic
Berthillion ice cream

Favorite Berthillion ice cream flavors?

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,593 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Berthillion ice cream

Amorinos espresso flake..ok ,,not the answer you wanted.. but the right answer in its own way.. lol

I have tried the Berthillions Cassis.. since my dad said it was his favorite.. and think its grossly sweet.. my dd tried the salted caramel ( think thats what it was) and she liked it.

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Berthillion ice cream

Caramel. White choc.

Mill Valley...
Level Contributor
3,616 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Berthillion ice cream

Nocciola (hazelnut)

Mill Valley...
Level Contributor
3,616 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Berthillion ice cream

Oops...nocciola is at Amorino which, IMO, is better than Berthillon.

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
15,728 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Berthillion ice cream

Fraise des bois.....

Amorino has lots of additives, mostly thickeners, stabalizers, preservatives.... 100% natural (like tapioca or agar) but I can taste thrm all the same.

Ironically, according to this article, the US boss of the brand can taste it, too, and he's not a fan, either...

365scoops.com/2011/09/01/amorino-gelato/

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,593 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Berthillion ice cream

Bacon is pretty bad or you.. but heck who cares.. its yummy.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
5,521 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Berthillion ice cream

Berthillon is overrated. Their chocolate and vanilla are good. Try Tutti Sensi in Montmartre for good home-made ice cream (they actually have two locations in Montmartre).

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,507 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Berthillion ice cream

Amorino seems like very good American supermarket ice cream. I don't understand its popularity -- beyond just being ice cream of course and who can complain about that. I like the pear at Berthillon; it is a flavor that is rarely found in the US.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,036 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Berthillion ice cream

There is much better ice cream all over Paris than Bertillon, where a "scoop" is smaller than a golf ball.

There are many places (check patisseries with ice cream cases) with magnificent sugar cones, and scoops the size of tennis balls for the same cost or much less.

And, many restaurants offer a trio of made in house ice creams on the dessert menu.

Many long years ago, due to a tour guide recommendation, we stood in line at Bertillon and were quite dismayed.

Those "intense flavors" can be found all over Paris, larger portions, for much less.

I had the equivalent of two teaspoons of "pear" at Bertillon, then a more reasonable "scoop" as part of a trio just beyond Malmaison, which was far superior in texture and flavor, and more than two tastes.

Israel
Level Contributor
5,103 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Berthillion ice cream

Berthillon's coffee flavor is amazing !!!!!!!!