We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Have early flight need transportation Latin Quater to CDG

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
257 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
Have early flight need transportation Latin Quater to CDG

Hi everyone,

We have a very early flight flying out of CDG to Venice via Copenhagen. We need to be at the airport by 4;30 AM. Our apartment is in the Latin Quarter, l'Ecole Polytechnique 75005 and we are looking for suggestions on how to get to the airport that early in the morning. We really do not want to take the metro that early but need to have reliable transportation. Also found out the cab stand is many blocks away.

Received a quote from Blue Van and it was 70 Euros. Is that the going rate for that early in the morning?

Thanks

Lary1047

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
88,247 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Have early flight need transportation Latin Quater to CDG

An ordinary taxi will cost less than €70 and will likely be more reliable than a shuttle. Ring the night before to make a booking, and the taxi will be there a few minutes before the arranged time. You can book in English with Taxis G7 on 01 4127 6699 or Taxis Bleus 01 4936 1010

Edited: 7:36 am, April 01, 2014
Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,548 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Have early flight need transportation Latin Quater to CDG

The taxi will be only 50€ but will arrive will up to 10€ or so already on the meter. I have never paid beyond the 55€ to 60€ for an early morning taxi, one I had called the day before to arrange.

I have never heard of the shuttle company you mention but taxi are very reliable if you reserve in advance.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,707 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Have early flight need transportation Latin Quater to CDG

All good advise; We have been taking taxis to the airport from apartments all over Paris for many years and they have always arrived about 5 minutes early or so and very reliably but you must book the night before as sometimes taxis can be scarce for airport runs in the morning.

I also always have a plan B e.g. taxi number programmed into my phone and know where the nearest hotel or taxi stand is. Never had to use it with taxis. I know people sometimes are stranded by shuttles and do need their Plan B.

janettravels44

www.janettravels.wordpress.com

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,185 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Have early flight need transportation Latin Quater to CDG

Wondering.. what time is flight.. inter europeon flights need less time to be at airport then transalantic ones.. plus airport is pretty dead at 4.30..

Regardless.. order a taxi from G7 as suggested.

Baton Rouge
Level Contributor
698 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Have early flight need transportation Latin Quater to CDG

He covered that in another thread. The flight is at 6:10 and he's already been advised not to try to get there before about 5:15 or so, because he probably won't even be able to check in earlier than that. And the airport will be near empty, so not much concern about lines/delays. (It's an improvement, though. He started the other thread saying he needed to by at the airport by 3am.)

Edited: 12:07 pm, April 01, 2014
Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,548 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Have early flight need transportation Latin Quater to CDG

I do not fault anyone for taking precautions about being somewhere on time. There is a difference between the critical path timeline and one which allows for contingencies.

I am a failsafe planner. All it takes is one accident along A1 or a flat tire and someone departing 05h15 for a 06h10 flight misses it. Anyone planning to arrive CDG later than 04h30 for a 06h10 departure (non transatlantic) assumes risk and more risk than many would deem prudent.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,185 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Have early flight need transportation Latin Quater to CDG

Well I can understand being there 1.5 hrs ahead.. but as said.. there will be no crowds to deal with at that hour. I do understand not taking chances.. I tend to be pretty cautious myself. I was thinking his flight might have been at 7 or 8..

Ann Arbor, Michigan
Level Contributor
257 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Have early flight need transportation Latin Quater to CDG

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the good info. I sent an email to both yellow van and to G7 to get pricing. Our flight leaves at 6:10 AM. I recalled SAS yesterday to recheck the time again to be there, they said to be there by 4:30 AM. That's why we need to leave the apartment by 3:15 to 3:30, we thought.

Thanks

Lary1047

9. Re: Have early flight need transportation Latin Quater to CDG

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 03, 2015