We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I'm New To The Paris Forum and I'm Looking For Advice

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
I'm New To The Paris Forum and I'm Looking For Advice

My boyfriend and I are traveling to Paris, France in the Fall. This will be our first European trip and we couldn't be anymore excited. I am aware that Paris has lots of history, museum's, theaters and great agriculture. We would like to begin creating an literary of things to do, see and experience. We are huge foodies and we crave adventure! Please share with us any suggestions you may have about places to dine, things to see and adventures to do. Thank you in advance!

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,035 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I'm New To The Paris Forum and I'm Looking For Advice

Welcome JusDom. I would go over to Half Price Books and pickup a guidebook for Paris. You do not need anything that current, just something that will orient you and help you develop a touring strategy. I like the old Michelin Green guides. Price structures will be of no use but the internet will give you any pricing you might need for hotels, attractions, and restaurants. Everything else, such as landmarks and other points of interest, will be and have been the same for many years.

A note of caution, if you plan on being in Paris during either September or early October, now is not too soon to reserve hotels. This is peak hotel season in Paris and many of the best locations will already be booked.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,922 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I'm New To The Paris Forum and I'm Looking For Advice

Bonjour, mademoiselle!

This should get you started:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g187147-s1/Paris:Fran…

Texas
Level Contributor
5,887 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: I'm New To The Paris Forum and I'm Looking For Advice

Hello JusDom. I too am planning our first trip to Paris! Isn't it exciting?!?! 😀

I have found Paris guidebooks & maps to be helpful. I also read this forum almost daily. If you do a search you can read past trip reports. While no two trips are ever exactly alike you can glean lots of ideas for sites to visit, order of itinerary, restaurant suggestions, etc.

Good luck with your planning! It's an exciting process! 😀

Edited: 9:57 pm, March 30, 2014
Chicago
Level Contributor
1,391 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I'm New To The Paris Forum and I'm Looking For Advice

You could start by using the tool bar at the top of the page...things to do, restaurants, etc. You will get tons of initial info and can start to plan and ask specific questions.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I'm New To The Paris Forum and I'm Looking For Advice

Thank you Sarastro, LeBiscuit D, for the advice on the guise books I will definitely check them out. teacher91 Thank you kindly for your advice as well. I will take a look at some maps along with other post on the forums as well. I hope your trip is just as eventful as ours. :)

Mill Valley...
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I'm New To The Paris Forum and I'm Looking For Advice

Once you do some basic research in guide books and online, including TA, do come back and ask some focused questions. Have you figured out your lodging yet? If not, that would be a good place to get started. Most folks that are new to Paris want to stay in a more central location (I still do even after @25 visits). Generally more preferred for initial visits are the 4th, 5th, and 6th arrondissements.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,036 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: I'm New To The Paris Forum and I'm Looking For Advice

Agree with the advice to book accommodations forthwith for September or October. It's not too soon to be checking air fares as well.

Once you have those plans in place, you can enjoy planning seeing and doing, dining, and "experiences".

8. Re: I'm New To The Paris Forum and I'm Looking For Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:41 pm, March 31, 2014
Essex
Level Contributor
27,032 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: I'm New To The Paris Forum and I'm Looking For Advice

Not sure that Paris is famous for Agriculture...

Although there is a vineyard in Montmartre, so maybe that qualifies?

Also one of the oldest Veterinary Schools in the world, learning to look after all those cows, horses, sheep,and pigs....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/École_nationale_vétérinaire_d'Alfort

It has 2 interesting offbeat museums, so may fit the bill?

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: I'm New To The Paris Forum and I'm Looking For Advice

I think the OP may have meant architecture.

On the other hand, there is the huge Salon International d'Agriculture every year.