We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking For a Budget Family Hotel in Paris

INDIA
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Looking For a Budget Family Hotel in Paris

Hi Folks,

we are an Indian family planning to visit Paris from 20-23 June 2014. We have two teenagers and plan to do the usual visiting in Paris - Eiffel Tower, Disneyland, Louvre, Trocadero, Champs Elysee. I am looking for a safe and clean budget hotel close to a metro station and a quiet neighbourhood. I have been browsing apartments on www.airbnb.com, but would prefer a family room in a hotel. My budget is between 70-80 Euros without breakfast and 100 Euros with breakfast for all.

Help!!

Arjun

Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,158 reviews
from $108.40*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
460 reviews
from $332.10*
Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking For a Budget Family Hotel in Paris

I would be very surprised if you can find a quad room in your budget in central Paris. Can your budget be increased to a more reasonable level?

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,725 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking For a Budget Family Hotel in Paris

The information on family rooms is summarized in the following thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k15546…

It will be very challenging to find an hotel for 4 at a sub 100€ price point.

Gainesville, Florida
Level Contributor
930 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking For a Budget Family Hotel in Paris

Wow!! That's a tough budget for a solo traveler, much less a whole family!! Please let us know if you can increase it. Paris is not an inexpensive city, and you're planning rather late. The best budget options will probably already have been snapped up by savvy pre-planners.

INDIA
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking For a Budget Family Hotel in Paris

Thank you very much - this will get me somewhere

Paris, France
Level Contributor
17,150 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking For a Budget Family Hotel in Paris

I just did a quick search on booking.com for your dates, looking for either one room or two for your family and I found zero results in your budget range. Best I was seeing were in the 200 euro range and up.

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking For a Budget Family Hotel in Paris

Maybe if you ditched Disneyland you could increase your budget, which is nearly impossible.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,725 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking For a Budget Family Hotel in Paris

If there is such a hotel, that has rooms for 4 at the OP´s budget window, it is unlikely that they will have a sophisticated internet presence nor will they likely utilize booking engine websites.

The best source of information, I have ever found, on modest hotel bookings for Paris is kerouac. Hopefully he sees this thread and offers solutions.

NYC
Level Contributor
137 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking For a Budget Family Hotel in Paris

forget about Disney..it adds too much to your costs.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking For a Budget Family Hotel in Paris

The cheaper hotels will be found in the outer arrondissements: 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 17, 18, 19, 20. If ever you would like to have a number of Indian meals in a familiar setting, the 10th arrondissement is the place for you, particularly along the faubourg Saint Denis.

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,217 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking For a Budget Family Hotel in Paris

June 20-23 and you are looking now.. its very late for all the good deals will be snapped up . June 21st is the first day of summer and is celebrated Paris wide by the Fete Musical.. a wonderful time to be in Paris.. unfortunately millions of others know this and have booked months ago!

Disneyland tickets for one day for your family witll cost about 250 euros.. thats about your three day allowance for hotels on one day in Disney.. and that will not include the food either($$) . Suggest you rethink Disney or up your hotel budget for PAris.. sorry.. but even a budget hotel or hostel may set you back more then what you are allowing.

Some hostels have rooms for four.. but they usually charge per head.. so still looking at 100-140 euros a room .. so not a good option for you.