We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel help - specific needs!

North East
2 posts
Save Topic
Hotel help - specific needs!

Hi all,

I'm taking my wife for 3 days (Oct 6/9) for a triple celebration, her 30th birthday whilst we're there, my 29th the week before, and our 3rd wedding anniversary the week before that. It's also our first weekend away from our 6 month old daughter. So it's got a lot to live up to!!! No pressure though!

We both like nice hotels, with saunas, steam rooms, plush rooms with robes/slippers, exec lounges, where you can sit/read/drink/nibble when your not out and about. I realise this is the realms of the major chains (radisson/hilton/etc).

But i would also like to be able to get around, so not necessarily walking distance (1-6 arrondissments) but definitely near a metro line. I'd also like to pay no more than 300 Euros a night.

At the moment, i'm looking at either Holiday Inn la villette or Radisson Paris Bolougne. Has anyone got any views on past experience?

Please help?

Eindhoven...
Level Contributor
2,547 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel help - specific needs!

The two hotels you mention may have all amenities, but they're definitely not located centrally - Holiday Inn La Villette is in the 19th arrondissement (near the northern edge of Paris), the Radisson Boulogne is not even in Paris but in Boulogne-Billancourt.

For 300 €, you should be able to find a hotel that is closer to the action.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,382 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel help - specific needs!

Hotel K and K Cayre would be good, if you could get a good rate (their standard is in the 300€ + range)

Hotel Duret might be good, but no saunas...

Hotel Majestic has all those amenities, but is in the 16th ( a generally more upscale area)

Anyway, you could do what I'm doing, which is go to

www.parisby.com

and look at the pages for all the 4**** star hotels.

3. Re: Hotel help - specific needs!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, August 13, 2009