We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pullman tour eiffel ?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
Pullman tour eiffel ?

Does anyone have any idea when the construction will be done at the pullman tour eiffel?

The location seems so convientant but the negative reviews on the construction are a turn off .

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,074 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pullman tour eiffel ?

I would not regard the position as being very convenient. The hotel is near the Eiffel Tower, but that is a long way from most of the other sights of Paris.

Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pullman tour eiffel ?

What would be a good area to stay in thats fairly close to everything?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,074 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pullman tour eiffel ?

The sights are spread out all over Paris, and there is nowhere that is close to all the sights. Look at areas such as Marais, St-Germaine, St-Michel.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,667 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pullman tour eiffel ?

I've stayed at both the Pullman (when it was a Hilton) and also the Mercure next door. I'd stay at either again ... I've been to Paris several times and did not find the location inconvenient... there are RER (train) and metro stations within a 5 minute walk. Lots of places to eat nearby as well and close to the 69 bus stop which will give you a tour of Paris for the price of a regular bus ticket. ;^)

Check the Mercure if you're concerned about the Pullman.

Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Pullman tour eiffel ?

Thank you i have also loomed at the mercure ehich is actually a little cheaper. Hopefully by the time we go to paris the renovations will be done it seems as thought its been going on for a while now

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
20,969 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pullman tour eiffel ?

I ride the bus pass the Pullman from time to time and didn´t think that it was even open during the construction. Once all is finished, the new Pullman Eiffel Tower should be a great place to stay with unparalleled views, a host of wonderful restaurants nearby, and relatively easy access to anywhere in Paris.

The nearby Mercure was recently renovated but it is a corporate hotel void of any charm and an unimaginative choice at best.

7. Re: Pullman tour eiffel ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 18, 2015