We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

IDGTV cost and when to buy

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bethpage, New York
Level Contributor
227 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
IDGTV cost and when to buy

I've been checking the capitaine train website fairly frequently for travel from Paris to Avignon on July 5. Yesterday, to my surprise, a fare for the trip came up. The cost is higher than I expected this far in advance. Today is a few dollars higher than yesterday....134 Euro for 2 people or 67 Euro each for a train at 11 am (not the one I wanted, which is more money). I know that people have posted that buying tickets very far in advance can garner lower fares in the ballpark of 25-30 Euro. Should I wait until its 3 months out or is this a reasonable fare for that time of year??

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: IDGTV cost and when to buy

It's not horrible, but I don't think I've ever paid more than 45 euros. Fares don't have much if anything to do with the time of year. Personally, I'd wait until 3 months out and search for PREMs. Others might do differently.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
20,818 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: IDGTV cost and when to buy

I would not not hesitate in purchasing tickets. Waiting thus far has cost you money. Those 67€ iDTGV fares started at 19€. Prices are going to continue to rise until trains are full. You could wait until 3 months before departure but don´t expect to see many if any fares in the 25€ to 30€ range. The 68th Festival d´Avignon starts on the 4th and train tickets as well as hotels will be hard to come by. Expect to pay accordingly.

3. Re: IDGTV cost and when to buy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 am, March 16, 2015