We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

April with 5 and 3 year old kids for 8 days

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
61 posts
152 reviews
Save Topic
April with 5 and 3 year old kids for 8 days

Hi,

I'm planning to visit Paris in 15/4 for 8 days with 2 kids, 5 and 3.

I thought to spend a day in Disney, a day in Versailles, to take a free guided tour and a batobus in day 4, some shopping in day 5 plus Gallery Laffayette, would be really happy to hear recommendations about child friendly restaurants for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Any other attractions and especially what to do in our first night would be most appreciated, we are going to stay on Rivoli street, so we also plan to go to the gardens next to Louvre, not sure about the wax museum and opera for the kids, this is our first trip to Paris.

los angeles
Level Contributor
9,111 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: April with 5 and 3 year old kids for 8 days

For starters, look at the side bar and click on Longer Trips: Family. Then use the search box on the forum and enter "travel with kids" or "trip with children" and variations on those search terms. You will get lots of suggestion. Browsing through a good basic guidebook (like Fodor's) will also really help.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
874 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: April with 5 and 3 year old kids for 8 days

Your kids are a good age for Jardin D'Acclimatation - www.jardindacclimatation.fr. It's a small amusement park in the 16th. Just take Metro Line 1 to Metro Stop Sablons (16th). It's a short walk from there. I believe they also have a train that takes you there (for a fee), that the kids might enjoy. Stick to cafes and brasseries with your kids - they are child-friendly. Breakfast in Paris is usually a croissant and coffee/hot chocolate. I would suggest going to your local boulerangie and grabbing some treats there.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
874 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: April with 5 and 3 year old kids for 8 days

Here's a good place to start for activities - www.timeout.com/paris/en/for-kids.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
61 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: April with 5 and 3 year old kids for 8 days

Thank you very much for the quick reply.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
61 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: April with 5 and 3 year old kids for 8 days

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the tip, I'll try that.

I

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
61 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: April with 5 and 3 year old kids for 8 days

Do you recommend to book the tickets for Villete?

Thanks a lot

Ira

San Diego...
Level Contributor
874 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: April with 5 and 3 year old kids for 8 days

Do you mean to book advance tickets for the Jardin D'Acclimination? If so, no, just buy them at the entrance. There's also an Angelinas right at the park - stop in for their hot chocolate - very rich.

Waterloo, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,586 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: April with 5 and 3 year old kids for 8 days

You can also try 'le jardin des plantes' it is an old zoo, the kids love it (you have monkeys, lions, elefants etc) and it is also a museum within one : it dates back to ... early 19th century ?

it is also well situated in 5th arrondissement, near to it you have the old 'arenes de lutèce' - roman vestiges (not much to see, but I personaly like it).

Tel Aviv, Israel
Level Contributor
61 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: April with 5 and 3 year old kids for 8 days

Hi, thanks again

I was thinking about La cite des enfants and nature museum and wax museum, opera house.

Didn't manage to book skip the line for Eiffel, bit disappointed, wanted to take them to

Louvre just for Mona Lisa and the Egyptian part,

What do you think?

Thank you,

Ira

San Diego...
Level Contributor
874 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: April with 5 and 3 year old kids for 8 days

Lots of kids at the Louvre - but always very crowded. Open late on Wednesday until 930p.m., I believe. I took my four year old, but he slept the entire time in the stroller. We are going again in August, but this time we are doing a scavenger hunt with Thatlou. You could also add to your list Pompidou museum. I think you are fine doing any of the above mentioned. Not sure about the Opera as I've never been there though.