We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone used the Corsair TVGAir service?

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,461 posts
144 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone used the Corsair TVGAir service?

Corsair advertises that they will coordinate with SNCF, booking one ticket and one fare for example, from Montreal to Paris by air and then on to Riems or Le Mans by train. They say if your "flight is delayed, Corsair and SNCF undertake to put you on the next available departure free of charge, covering overnight accommodation expenses if necessary." It looks like there's some sort of shuttle bus from Orly to Massey

Has anyone used this service? Does it work well?

Thanks!

Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,158 reviews
from $108.40*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
460 reviews
from $332.10*
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone used the Corsair TVGAir service?

Interesting approach. Using Massy TGV station when travelling between Orly and other cities in France is a brilliant idea. There is already a shuttle bus between the two (line 91.10), but the service Corsair advertises is more frequent so it must be a different shuttle.

The promise of problem-solving in case of delays makes the 3-in-one package sound attractive, but we cannot know for sure how it works before we get a report from someone who's tested it.

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,461 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone used the Corsair TVGAir service?

I agree Iverh! :-)

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,725 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone used the Corsair TVGAir service?

All of the USA aircarriers did this same thing up until around 2012. They then all stopped the service. I am not sure how popular it was because guaranteeing train connections will have a cost and many passengers simply didn´t want to pay it.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
7,332 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone used the Corsair TVGAir service?

Sarastro, you must be referring to US carriers flying into CDG. Taking a train drom CDG is easy. I agree that package deals most of the time cost more than they are worth, but, the good news in this case is improving the shuttle services between Orly and Massy. It is obviously the best connection if you land at Orly and want to travel to the West or South-West of France. We don't know how long this offer will last, but any improved service will hopefully have a lasting effect in the long run.

I seem to remember I was contradicted and ridiculed on the Paris Forum years ago when I suggested Massy as the most convenient train station to use when travelling from Orly to the West or South-West. We're all amateurs!

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,461 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone used the Corsair TVGAir service?

Contradiction and ridicule on this forum? That's only on days that end with a "y".

6. Re: Has anyone used the Corsair TVGAir service?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, February 26, 2015