We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Orly airport: Navigo Découverte

Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
89 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Orly airport: Navigo Découverte

Hi to everyone.

Where can I buy the Navigo Découverte at Orly Airport?

Thanks.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Orly airport: Navigo Découverte

You can buy one at the Orlybus ticket office -- and it is valid on the Orlybus, unlike the Orlyval.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24,437 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Orly airport: Navigo Découverte

The ND is valid on the Orlyval. The problem at ND is finding a ticket office that is open for the Orlyval.

Obviously you have to load the ND with an adequate number of zones -- which I think is 4 in the case of Orly. It is 5 for CDG.

Edited: 10:34 am, February 21, 2014
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7,509 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Orly airport: Navigo Découverte

Actually, k2 is right. Orly airport is zone 4, but ND works on Orlybus (from Denfert- Rochereau), but not on Orlyval. ND works until / from Antony stop. Orlyval requires special fare of E 8.70. Visite pass works though.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
85,351 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Orly airport: Navigo Découverte

How about the new route with Tram 7 and Metro 7? I know it is slow, but what zone ND would be needed?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Orly airport: Navigo Découverte

Zones 1-4 since Orly is in zone 4.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24,437 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Orly airport: Navigo Découverte

Wow -- learn something new -- thought the ND was valid to both airports if properly charged. All the more reason to take a taxi from Orly which is close in and with 3 people or so is likely to cost less than travel on the awkward public transport.

Montreal
Level Contributor
10 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Orly airport: Navigo Découverte

Hi everyone,

Just starting to research the transport- it seemed like the Navigo was the way to go (flying into Orly, planning on visiting Versailles), but now I'm a bit confused after reading these posts. Can someone explain (or point me to where I can read) the difference between OrlyVal & OrlyBus? For 4 people arriving Monday, the Navigo seems like the best option, but now I'm not so sure..

Thanks in advance, Robert in Montreal

Paris South of France June/July 2014

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,761 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Orly airport: Navigo Découverte

The OrlyVal is a shuttle train that connects ORY to Antony on the RER B. OrlyVal is excluded from Navigo coverage but you can buy a ticket just for the OrlyVal to Antony portion and use the Navigo from Antony.

The Orlybus is a bus which take your into Paris, specifically Denfort Rochereau.

It may not fit into your plans but a taxi for 4 people from ORY into Paris is usually 25€ to 30€.

Montreal
Level Contributor
10 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Orly airport: Navigo Découverte

Thanks very much, Sarastro. Although public transportation from Orly would probably get full marks for the adventure factor, we'll have lots of opportunities to take it while we are in Paris, and the taxi would (at worst) be the same price as the additional cost that's not covered by the Navigo Découverte, which we plan on getting.

Thanks, Robert in Montreal

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7,509 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Orly airport: Navigo Découverte

Just to make sure you understand Navigo Decouverte. It is best / cheapest weekly transit pass there is, but its valid for Monday - Sunday and has to be loaded for zones you are planning to go during this time. Also its personal pass requiring small 25x30 mm photo.

For 4 persons ride from Orly - taxi is the most convenient and economical way.