We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long by Taxi from Downtown to CDG tomorrow morning?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
2,095 posts
184 reviews
Save Topic
How long by Taxi from Downtown to CDG tomorrow morning?

Hello,

I have a flight tomorrow (Thursday) at 10:45 and I would like to know how long it would take me to reach CDG by Taxi. I’m located near Metro Odéon and not concerned about the time for the queue at the airport as I have a premium status, so I pass quickly (except maybe for the security where I’m not sure there is premium line?)

If I leave tomorrow around 7:45 should I be OK to arrive around 8:45-9AM? And not sure if the Taxi strike is still on for tomorrow.

Alternatively I could take RER B (How long would it take?). It would just be less convenient with luggage.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,899 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How long by Taxi from Downtown to CDG tomorrow morning?

From Odeon, your best transport would be the Roissybus, which runs from there direct to CDG. See http://www.ratp.fr/en/ratp/r_61852/roissybus/

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,689 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long by Taxi from Downtown to CDG tomorrow morning?

Nick, the OP is near Odeon in the 6th. I thought that the Roissybus stopped at Opera, which is a long way away.

Spartac, are you flying to Canada? If so, your airline probably recommends that you arrive at the airport 3 hours prior to your flight. You should allow about an hour to get to CDG. Arrange for a taxi pickup at about 6:45.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,671 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How long by Taxi from Downtown to CDG tomorrow morning?

FIRacegirl is right... if flying to Canada you need to be at the airport 3 hours before your flight. See your airline's website for details.

In the morning I'd be inclined to take the RER B. You can catch it at St Michel-Notre Dame... take the metro from Odeon and transfer or perhaps walk depending on where exactly you are. The ticket is 9.75 and travel time will be about an hour. See http://ratp.com for exact routing info and journey planner. I'd allow more than an hour by cab just in case... cost will be about 55 euros plus or minus.

Edited: 8:15 am, February 12, 2014
Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How long by Taxi from Downtown to CDG tomorrow morning?

The taxis have been on strike for the last two days, or rather some of the taxi drivers are blocking the other taxi drivers and the minicab services. I'm not sure if the dispute has been resolved yet.

english.rfi.fr/france/20140212-64-taxi-drive…

Edited: 9:29 am, February 12, 2014
Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,208 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How long by Taxi from Downtown to CDG tomorrow morning?

The taxis are unhappy about services like taxis (private transfers such as Uber) which are not required to pay the same for licensing that they pay. I know they were protesting at CDG this morning so it might be good to have a backkup plan. From Odéon, you can take M10 one stop to Cluny and catch the RER B to Roissy/CDG (or you could just walk as the weather has been so mild). Cost is 9.75€. Plan on 50 minutes en route.

Otherwise call Taxi G7 (or Alpha taxi or Taxi Bleu) for a pickup about 07h30:

Taxi G7 English speaking operator 01 41 27 66 99

Paris, France
Level Contributor
11,307 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How long by Taxi from Downtown to CDG tomorrow morning?

I wouldn't take a chance on a taxi or bus tomorrow due to the uncertainty of roads being blocked by taxis so i would definitely use the métro/RER option.

7. Re: How long by Taxi from Downtown to CDG tomorrow morning?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, February 14, 2015