We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Auxerre to CDG

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego, CA
Level Contributor
91 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Auxerre to CDG

I am trying to plan our trip early September, and I am trying to determine if it is possible to Depart Auxerre early morning on a Sunday, in order to get to the CDG Airport by 10:30 am, for a 12:30 flight. I researched a train from Auxerre to Paris Bercy, then taxi from there? (but when I looked at train schedule it appears there are no early morning departures on Sundays?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
84,588 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Auxerre to CDG

On the current timetable, the first train out of Auxerre on Sundays is at 07.39. scheduled to reach Gare Bercy at 09.32. If the train arrives on time, you should be able to get to CDG by 10.30.

If your flight is to the USA, you need to be at CDG by 09.30, so you would have to spend the previous night in Paris.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24,089 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Auxerre to CDG

always be in the town of departure the night before a high stakes flight. so many small things can derail a rushed trip to catch a plane

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,492 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Auxerre to CDG

Being at the airport 3 hours in advance might seem like a lot of extra time but far too often it is not. Virtually all of the US air carriers, on their websites, will strongly advise you to be at CDG 3 hours before your scheduled departure.

Trains probably run tighter schedules than do airlines but delays happen on trains as well.

Andrésy, France
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Auxerre to CDG

You only need an incident on the line - signal failure, train breakdown, suicide... and there goes your plane.

5. Re: Auxerre to CDG

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 31, 2015