We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First draft itinerary for November trip

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
414 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
First draft itinerary for November trip

Here's my first draft of my November itinerary, my mom's first trip to Paris, my second...comments, please!

Sunday (arrive a.m. from New York)

* Check into hotel located next to Louvre, unpack, shower, drink lots of coffee to stay awake and get on Paris time!

* Walk to Musee D'Orsay, do a quickie tour

* Siene dinner cruise (departs in front of the D'Orsay, my mom really wants to do this, so guess I'm in!)

* Walk back to hotel

Monday

* Louvre (hit big three, planning on spending about two hours there)

* Walk to Ille de la Cite, see Notre Dame and Saint Chapelle

* Casual lunch somewhere (suggestions?)

* Walk back to hotel, shower and dress for dinner

* Walk up to Opera House to see at night (my mom and I are huge Phantom of the Opera fans)

* Dinner at Le Grand Colbert (on rue Vivienne)

* Walk back to hotel

Tuesday

* Full day Normandy bus tour (Cityrama), my mom has her heart set on doing this, too bad we don't have more time to spend the night, but the day will be special for her

Wednesday

* Walk to St Germaine

* St Sulpice, Palais du Lexmebourg and Gardens, Pantheon

* Lunch at Les Deux Magots

* Walk back to hotel

* Shower, dress for dinner

* Cab up Champs Elysees

* Le Fouquet's for dinner (I'll take her to see the Arc and Eiffel tower after dinner at night, we are both afraid of heights, so it will be a quickie view from the ground)

Thursday

* Bus or taxi to Montmarte

* Sacre Couer

* Taxi to Les Invalades (see Napolean's tomb)

* Musee Rodin (sculpture garden)

* Light lunch (suggestions?)

* free time, walk around, shower & dress for dinner

* dinner at (we think) La Tour d'Argent (quai de la Tournelle)

Friday

* head to CDG for 4 pm flight back to New York (morning free)

Level Contributor
767 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: First draft itinerary for November trip

If you are staying near the Louvre, which we did, you could have your croissants at Cador on L'Amiral Coligny just behind the Louvre and a block from the Seine. Which hotel are you at?

We enjoyed the D"orsay and the Rodin both.

When you go to La Chapelle and Notre Dame, you could walk to Ile St. Louis and either have ice cream or wine and a snack or both depending on time of day. Cafe Lutecia by the Seine has great views and wonderful duck confit.

Don't know how much you and your mother like chocolate but the hot chocolate at Angelina's is wonderful.

Hope you have a great trip.

12. Re: First draft itinerary for November trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, August 12, 2009