We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Day Itinerary - Reasonable & Doable?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reevesville sc
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
One Day Itinerary - Reasonable & Doable?

Unfortunately, we will have only one day in Paris, but would like to see as much as possible. I will be visiting with my 14 year old son on the last Friday of March. We will be arriving from London on the Eurostar around 9:30am and departing at 10pm. We are interested in visiting the following places:

Eiffel Tower - would like to view and take photos in front of it during the daylight hours and interested in going to the top to see the lights of Paris after sunset.

Cathedrale Notre Dame - would like to visit, tour and climb the Bell Tower

Musee du Louvre - perhaps take the guided tour...would be interested in more of the highlights.

Catacombs of Paris - take the self guided tour...I have read about the long queues and don't want to waste our one day standing in line, however, I am hoping maybe it won't be as busy in March?

Other sites such as the Arc de Triomphe - view only

Are there any recommendations or thoughts on if we would be able to fit all of these sites in? What order should they be arranged? How to get between locations? Dining suggestions? or anything else we should know before we arrive?

I am on information overload...need advise. Thanks in advance!!

Illinois
Level Contributor
16,432 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: One Day Itinerary - Reasonable & Doable?

AFAIK, you can't skip the line to the towers of Notre Dame with the museum pass. Lines for the Eiffel Tower, Towers of Notre Dame, and Arc de Triomphe were all long when I was there last March, but the Arc had the shortest lines. You can skip that line with the pass.

Edited: 3:10 am, January 21, 2014
atlanta
Level Contributor
4,137 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: One Day Itinerary - Reasonable & Doable?

No the museum pass does not skip the line at Notre Dame.

I have gone several times in March. Lines are still long

Texas
Level Contributor
673 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: One Day Itinerary - Reasonable & Doable?

My suggestions:

The tours of the Louvre and Notre Dame will take a good bit of time. If those are your priority, you can probably fit in a self walking tour of the Louvre. See their website and choose one of the approximate 1 hour tours with walking directions. Enter through the Mall.

Then head over to Notre Dame and wait in line to visit the towers. If you take a river cruise on the Seine to get there, you'll pass by the Eiffel Tower and also see a lot of other things. Be prepared that you may not make it into the Notre Dame towers, though. You might want to consider instead just going inside to see the windows, and then perhaps heading over to view the Arc de Triomphe via taxi on your way back to the Gare du Nord.

Edited: 5:11 am, January 26, 2014
14. Re: One Day Itinerary - Reasonable & Doable?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, January 28, 2015