We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Photographing Paris

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Princeton NJ
Level Contributor
11 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Photographing Paris

What are the best places to photograph in Paris. I don't mean the tourist traps but the real Paris. The alleys you see in Midnight in Paris. How can I identify those locations?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
7,046 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Photographing Paris

All of Paris is real - from big boulevards to cramped, winding old streets of Marais, Montmartre or Latin Quarter. Walk and see.

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Photographing Paris

Wander and find your own Paris. There is probably not a stone in Paris or a view that hasn't been photographed a million times, including that street in Midnight in Paris. Go forth and seek and find your own treasures.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,644 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Photographing Paris

The steps from Midnight in Paris are to the side of St.Etienne du Mont, near the Pantheon. Be sure to go inside too. It's one of my favorite churches in Paris.

Level Contributor
7,677 posts
220 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Photographing Paris

start by googling exactly what you want "street locations in midnight in paris" or something similar...

for example I found http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1605783/locations and there are many others. I do know that Quai du Bourbon on Ile St. Louis was used for some street scenes. I enjoyed shooting in Montmartre...from and including the bridges on the Seine...Ile St. Louis and the Marais.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,034 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Photographing Paris

For Midnight in Paris locations, with a map...

paris.fr/english/visit/paris-walks/woody-all…

Click on the pdf link...

Scroll down the first page for others...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Photographing Paris

The best places will be your places, moments of your emotional memory as you wander in Paris.

Some suggestions,

http://parisisinvisible.blogspot.de/

http://parissecretetinsolite.unblog.fr/

translate.google.ca/translate…

Edited: 2:12 am, December 05, 2013
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
136 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Photographing Paris

To add to my post above...the 'real' Paris will be 'your' Paris as you become more aware. Other sites to help you

that I forgot,

Peter's Paris, www.peter-pho2.com/2013_11_01_archive.html

anyportinastorm.proboards.com/index.cgi…

Simply, just walk and photograph what is special to you.

Edited: 2:37 am, December 05, 2013
Melbourne
Level Contributor
239 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Photographing Paris

I first watched Midnight in Paris on my flight home from there- lo and behold, the very street we had stayed on, Rue Galande, made an appearance in the opening montage. It's a really cute little street in the 5th near Notre Dame... Great for photos.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
4,396 posts
815 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Photographing Paris

I just watched Red 2 with Bruce Willis and I am pretty sure they shot a scene by the steps on the side of St.Etienne du Mont (same steps that were in the Midnight in Paris). Also, what Paris attractions do you consider to be tourist traps?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,450 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Photographing Paris

go to the part on St. Etienne du Mont for your Midnight snaps -- also head for Pont Alexandre. another great photo shot is near Notre Dame de Lorette, also in this post.

…wordpress.com/2013/…

The word tourist trap to me, is an ersatz 'attraction' built to attract tourists e.g. giant dinosaur land, or the tatty souvenir shops of Place du Tertre in Paris. Most of what attracts us to Paris is the real thing.