We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from CDG on New Years Day - Help!

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Transport from CDG on New Years Day - Help!

Hi, I am with a group travelling to CDG on New Years Day, Wednesday 01.01.14. I would be extremely grateful for any transport advice of how to transfer to The Holiday Inn Paris, Marne La Vailee - 2 Boulevard Du Levant Noisy-Le-Grand. Especially as it's New Years Day. We return back on Saturday 04.01.14. Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place. Kind regards.

Mentioned in this post
Charles De Gaulle Airport
Roissy-en-France, France
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Hotel du Levant
Hotel du Levant
1,293 Reviews
Paris, France
Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from CDG on New Years Day - Help!

If you don't want to pay the highway robbery prices for a taxi on that day, you are absolutely in luck if you are traveling before noon. The entire metropolitan Paris transportation system is free until noon on January 1st. So just take the RER B to Châtelet-Les Halles in central Paris and transfer to the RER A there to go to Noisy-le-Grand. You'll have to pay to go back!

Edited: 5:11 pm, November 25, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Les Halles
Les Halles
510 Reviews
Paris, France
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from CDG on New Years Day - Help!

We arrive 8amish in the morning, so travelling by train is a great option, but I'm worried about the time it would take - but most importantly, the difficulty and stress! We will only be going to Disney and back during our stay.

Mentioned in this post
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport from CDG on New Years Day - Help!

No stress on January 1st unless random pools of festive vomit upset you. The trip is super easy with only the one transfer that I mentioned. Travel time is less than one hour.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
980 posts
357 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport from CDG on New Years Day - Help!

If you're worried about public transportation and are only interested in Disneyland, you could visit the TA forum dedicated to DLP where the issues of transportation, trains, shutles, etc. are discussed at length: http://tinyurl.com/pdlakcf

Mentioned in this post
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport from CDG on New Years Day - Help!

Haha, thanks for the advice! Will it be easy to leave CDG and find RER B train station? Also, do you know if the trains travel frequently that day?

Mentioned in this post
Roissy-en-France, France
Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport from CDG on New Years Day - Help!

The RER train station is inside the CDG terminal. There are at least 4 trains an hour, often 6. On the RER A, trains are even more frequent.

Edited: 6:06 pm, November 25, 2013
Mentioned in this post
Roissy-en-France, France
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Transport from CDG on New Years Day - Help!

Thanks Paul, I've visited DLP 6 times previously with my family, but have always stayed on site and have used the VEA coaches. This time it's a best friends together holiday, so I'm trying to get things organised and am worried.

Mentioned in this post
Paul
Paul
868 Reviews
Paris, France
Yorkshire
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Transport from CDG on New Years Day - Help!

Thank you for your reply - that really helps. I was expecting to be ripped off and pay for a taxi. Sorry to pester, but on the Saturday we come return home, it's at 10am ish, would you recommend we travel by train? If so what time do you think we should leave the hotel to get a train to CDG and aim to be at CDG for our departing flight?

Mentioned in this post
Roissy-en-France, France
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
95,980 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transport from CDG on New Years Day - Help!

You should aim to be at CDG at least two hours before scheduled departure for a flight to the UK. As mentioned above, the journey by RER train train takes about an hour.

Mentioned in this post
Roissy-en-France, France
Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transport from CDG on New Years Day - Help!

Once you've taken the train in one direction, you will see that it is super easy to go back the same way. There are some TGV trains that connect Disneyland to CDG. From what I have read they are not super cheap, but in any case if you are staying at Noisy-le-Grand, you are not at Disneyland anyway (even though you are not far away). You'll have plenty of time to decide the best way to go back to the airport once you have finally arrived.

Mentioned in this post
Disneyland Paris
Disneyland Paris
Seine-et-Marne, France
Roissy-en-France, France