We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rainy and cold for Christmas (?)

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
617 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Rainy and cold for Christmas (?)

Hello, I am thinking of spending Christmas in Paris this year.

Dec. 19 through Dec. 29.

But unlike my other summers in Paris where one is generally more mobile and can walk from Point A to Point B without worry of rain or cold, what would be your opinion on this please? I do have a coat and rain shoes, but I would really just hate to invest in clothing that I will not be using when I am home.

Also, where do you find windproof umbrellas?

Am also hoping to attend Midnight Mass at the Notre Dame. What is the crowd expectations for this event please?

Thank you.

London, United...
Level Contributor
9,797 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rainy and cold for Christmas (?)

I don't think Paris is significantly colder and wetter than Vancouver at the same time of year.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rainy and cold for Christmas (?)

Paris is often miserably "mild" at Christmas when a lot of us would like some snow.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,562 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rainy and cold for Christmas (?)

Paris weather is almost exactly like VAncouver winter weather. YOu need waterproof boots or water resistant boots, a good raincoat and warm layers -- and an umbrella. Paris is not unusually windy.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,289 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rainy and cold for Christmas (?)

Nemor is from Vancouver, Washington. Still the Northwest, however, I don't know if they have the clammy wet cold feel that we have in British Columbia. You, should be fine with clothing you would be wearing in Seattle.

Vancouver...
Level Contributor
617 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rainy and cold for Christmas (?)

Thank you very much to all!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,562 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rainy and cold for Christmas (?)

I wondered about that -- but VAncouver Washington is not all that different from VAncouver BC -- both are cold and clammy and rainy in December

Allonsee
Level Contributor
859 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rainy and cold for Christmas (?)

This evening, and for the next few days forecast, Vancouver, WA is 4 - 6 degrees (Farenheit) warmer than Vancouver, BC. Slightly less rain, as well.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
25,562 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rainy and cold for Christmas (?)

LOL and that 4 degrees makes all the difference

Metro Vancouver
Level Contributor
4,737 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Rainy and cold for Christmas (?)

Not that it matters much, but Vancouver WA is actually next door--across the Columbia river-- from Portland. Quite a few hundred km from Vancouver Canada...

Edited: 1:09 am, November 08, 2013
London, United...
Level Contributor
9,797 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Rainy and cold for Christmas (?)

Apologies for jumping to conclusions I genuinely didn't know there were two. Vancouver BC is one of my favourite places, perhaps I should visit the other one.