We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which area?

Europe
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Which area?

Hi all,

My partner and me are arriving to Paris end of Nov for quick city break (3 full days), landing at Paris Beauvais at 8pm. So is ryainair bus still the best option for that time of day (night) ?

Now, we have 3 accomodation options and I would highly appreciate your help on choosing the correct one. All 3 are fairly the same in terms of offer (price, quality, etc) so it's all down to area. The closest metro stations for those 3 are: Mercadet Poissonieres or Chateau d'Eau/Strasbourg Saint Denis or Jaures/Colonel Fabien.

I have been to Paris before but it's a first for my partners so we will be going around the main sights. And based on that I would like to stay in the area where connections are the best for going around Paris as well as area that's relatively safe and slightly lively (we are in late thirties and having a no-kids getaway) :-)

My partner also discovered an option of traveling around Paris with city bikes, would you recommend that as an option as well ?

Thanks a lot for your help.

M.

Special Offer
Big Bus Paris Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
1,979 Reviews
from $39.81*
$44.23
Special Offer
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
794 Reviews
from $37.72*
$41.91
Best Seller
Bateaux Parisiens Seine River Dinner...
Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
9,757 posts
1. Re: Which area?

I would personally choose the one near Strasbourg Saint-Denis. It connects three different métro lines and is the most central location if you want to enjoy Paris on foot too.

As for getting into Paris from Beauvais airport the official shuttle from the airport's website is the best (and pretty much the only unless you want to spend a lot of money) option. It is timed with the flights.

Cardiff, United...
Level Contributor
850 posts
86 reviews
2. Re: Which area?

I agree with the above. None of the areas are great, and Strasbourg St Denis area is a little seedy at night but nothing bad. Metro connections are good and you can walk to most places.

The bikes are a great Idea. They are called Velib and there are stations dotted all around Paris. Its easy to get a bike, you just follow the on screen instructions (with several language options), pop in your credit card, select the bike then off you go. Before selecting the bike its worth checking the tyres look pumped and the breaks seem to work. Paris has great cycle network so its worth downloading the map before you go.

Edited: 7:07 pm, October 24, 2013
3. Re: Which area?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, October 26, 2014