We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From CDG to Chatelet-Les Halles

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
44 posts
1 review
Save Topic
From CDG to Chatelet-Les Halles

It is not clear for me how I can get the station of Chatelet-Les Halles from the airport. Do I need to take a shutler to the RER and then to make a transfer to the metro...? or the RER/Metro are the same thing...?

Minneapolis...
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: From CDG to Chatelet-Les Halles

You take the RER from CDG to one of the train stations in Paris where you then transfer to the Metro. I believe it is done all on one ticket.

Spain
Level Contributor
1,060 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: From CDG to Chatelet-Les Halles

No need of any transfer. Simply take the rer b. in fact, in paris rer and metro acts as the same subway network

USA
Level Contributor
27,106 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: From CDG to Chatelet-Les Halles

WHICH CDG TERMINAL BUILDING--CDG #1 or CDG #2 WILL YOUR FLIGHT TO PARIS ARRIVE AT ??.........The RER B-3 train which will take you to the CHATELET/LesHALLES station in central Paris, runs directly from the SNCF/TGV/RER train station attached to CDG terminal builds #2 (btwn CDG #2-C and #2-F. So if your US flight arrives at one of the CDG #2 terminals (AA & CO--#2-A, AF & DL-#2-F & #2-C---most others airlines at CDG #1) yoiu simply exit the Franch Customs control point after collecting your luggage and then simply walk along the main #2 terminal concourses until you bump into the connected SNCF/TGV/RER station, then down two levels on the eascalators to the RER station.

If you flight arrives at CDG terminal building #1, after collecting your luggage and passing through the French Customs control point, make you way to the main EXIT at the shopping level and take a free--GREEN--ADP shuttle bus (Navette) from their to the RER train station.

In either case, if you are in doubt, most aiport personnel will know where the RER points are. More times than not "..RER ?.." freamed as a question will at least get you pointed in the right direction or directions. There is also adequate signage (if you bother to take a moment to look around) to direct you. Conveniently, the French for '..R-E-R..' is....'R-E-R..'.

For more detailed information on this mode of airport transfer, airport maps and individual terminal building diagrams (which you can print out and carry with you as an aide memoire upon arrival), check:

http://www.adp.fr/webadp/a_cont01_an.nsf/$$Affich@ReadForm&cle=X500520521.html