We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two nights in Paris in February

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
199 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Two nights in Paris in February

My fiancé has booked us two nights in Paris at the start of February. I haven't been to Paris since I was a child same goes for my fiancé, so we are newbies.

As we are only there for two nights can anyone recommend some definite must for us to do?

Thanks Lilo.

And from my nickname u will see I am a big time beach bum! But I am always open to see/ experience new things.

Tonbridge, United...
Level Contributor
832 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two nights in Paris in February

As we have no idea of your tastes or your budget, it is very hard to make recommendations. There is no substitute for poring over a guide book to see which of the main sights appeals to you most. For opinions on these sights, look them up on Trip Advisor.

Once you have decided what you would like to see and do, come back to us with a rough itinerary and we can help with refining it.

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two nights in Paris in February

Well, being a big beach bum isn't much to go on for a February visit to Paris. So, very hard to make suggestions, as you haven't given us any further information. Guidebooks, TA, and innumerable other Internet sites are full of basic information on what there is to do in Paris.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
199 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Two nights in Paris in February

Haha! Obviously I'm not expecting my normal holiday. There are about a million and one things to do here I see. I just want to no what people think is a must.

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Two nights in Paris in February

What I or anyone else thinks is a must could be completely unpalatable for you. For example, the very last thing in the world I enjoy doing is being a beach bum. If you spend a bit of time reading on this very site, you will get a decent idea of what a lot of people agree are the main sites of Paris. Any guidebook will offer the same. Check out the million and one things to do and make your own choices. We'll be very happy to vet your choices when you've done some homework.

los angeles
Level Contributor
8,966 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Two nights in Paris in February

Since you are looking for personal opinions, here are my ideas for things you must do on a first-time, 2 day visit.

First, I would think it is essential to stay in an area that offers a lot of "Paris atmosphere" right outside your door. You should be able to choose from many cafes, bars, shops, famous sites within a very short stroll. If your hotel does not provide this, consider changing. An important thing for me is just to enjoy the living city as it blends with the historic background.

Given the winter weather, I do not think you should worry about going to the top of the Eiffel Tower. I think you should just see it lit up at night. If it is warm enough to spend some time at Trocadero, do that--just admire the Tower in the near distance.

You should definitely go inside Notre Dame.

Weather will play a huge part in priorities. If it is a mild winter, walk a lot and explore. The Latin Quarter (where I think you should stay) and Montmartre would be priorities for exploration on foot. If not, you can consider a bus tour--either hop on-hop off, or just the Foxity 90 minute drive.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Paris, Denver
Level Contributor
5,900 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Two nights in Paris in February

How fun!!!! What I think is a must for a winter getaway with a partner:

- climb the towers if notre dame

- see the Eiffel Tower from place du trocadero

- get a little tipsy on red wine. In Latin quarter or Bastille

- wander around Montmartre. Take a photo next to the I love you wall

- see the louvre, even if you don't go inside to appreciate how huge it is

- eat lots of pastries and croissants. And chocolate.

- engage in lots of PDA. Especially I the evenings, around the seine (in front of hotel de ville, anywhere on either island). And lots of handholding!

- have a great break!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
199 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Two nights in Paris in February

Wow StCirq I'm not to sure what has got your back up but sorry if it was me!

Thank you to the others that have given me some input.

8. Re: Two nights in Paris in February

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:38 am, October 15, 2014