We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggest a three day tour of Paris for me!! (eat,see,and do)

NYC
Level Contributor
3 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
Suggest a three day tour of Paris for me!! (eat,see,and do)

Hello all, I will be traveling to Paris from October 17th - 20th for my one year wedding anniversary.

I would like to plan an sight filled, romantic, and epicurean adventure for myself an my wife.

We are staying at Hôtel Prince de Condé by St. Germain, and would love suggestions how to maximize our time in the city of lights.

We arrive at 8 am on thursday and depart around noon on monday. So 2.5 full days of touring. I know it is short but we are great travelers and plan to make the best of it. If you can suggest an itinerary for our days, as well MUST EAT restaurants that wont necessarily break the bank please do so! additionally, if any of you have romantic ideas for me please do share. I have never been to Paris but i hope to make it extremely memorable.

Thank you

The Green Way
Sightseeing Tours, Segway Tours
1 Visit 4 You
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Original Food Tours
Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Driver-Guide-France
Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggest a three day tour of Paris for me!! (eat,see,and do)

Trey, I know you said it's your anniversary, but what is taking you to Paris other than your anniversary? There must be something there you want to see.

Not to be snarky, but we're not travel agents. We make suggestions to people who have done some research and have an idea of why they're going to Paris, and have a list of things they want to see and do.

So read a guidebook or two and come back with a list of things you want to see and do, and we'll help you sort it.

As far as restaurants, there are no MUST EAT AT places or restaurants in Paris. There are over 9,000 restaurants in the city. How can anyone recommend just one or two without knowing what you like and what your budget is?

Please help us help you.

Bellflower...
Level Contributor
5,387 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggest a three day tour of Paris for me!! (eat,see,and do)

Bonjour, Trey C,

You may want to look at the box titled "Paris Trip Ideas" to the right of your post on this page. The term "day trip" in this case means excursions within Paris.

Also, if you enter "romance" or "romantic" in the Search function, you'll see discussions on romantic ideas.

MrsJAS

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
37,068 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggest a three day tour of Paris for me!! (eat,see,and do)

Given the location of the hotel. you can walk around the corner to the rue Jacob and have a nice, not too expensive dinner at Au 35 ---> tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g187147-d1…

Pjk

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggest a three day tour of Paris for me!! (eat,see,and do)

Hi Trey,

For must eat restaurants check out: parisbymouth.com

When I was in Paris, I enjoyed smaller places like L'Estimanet (on Oberkampf), Les Banquettes (near Ledru Rollin), and restaurants along Canal St. Martin.

Were I to return, I would love to try Frenchie, Le Chateaubriand, and Le Comptoir, Verjus, L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon, and Albion. If you like beer, try La Fine Mousse.

I also loved walking tours when I was in Paris. I had been but my boyfriend had not, and so it was a great way to get acquainted to the city. We enjoyed CultureFish (free, but we tipped 10E each), Discover (also free, but we tipped 10E), and Paris Walks. Read reviews for walking tours to get an idea of what people enjoy.

Knowing little about you all, here is an itinerary that may be fun but tiring.

Thursday

Lunch at Le Comptoir (near your hotel)

Afternoon at Louvre

probably collapse at this point

Friday

walking tour (CultureFish?)

lunch at Verjus Sandwich

walk along Champs-Elysees (cheesy but beautiful)

dinner at L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon

Walk towards Eiffel Tower and enjoy lights

Saturday

Early Morning at Musee D'Orsay and/or Musee Rodin

Maybe a tour (Paris by Mouth does food tours)

Dinner at Frenchie or Chateaubriand

Sunday

Early morning either at Montmartre or Notre Dame

lunch at cafe papillion

afternoon rest or walk around jardin du luxembourg

dinner along canal st. martin, oberkampf, or bastille (maybe explore la fine mousse near oberkampf if you are into beer or le baron rouge near bastille if you are into wine)

Monday

breakfast near hotel

have a great time!

Jasmine

Mentioned in this post
Albion
Albion
Mauritius
Lords Valley...
Level Contributor
1,727 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggest a three day tour of Paris for me!! (eat,see,and do)

Read post #1 and take it from there. An itinerary suggested by someone who has no idea of your interests or your likes or dislikes is less than useless. Do your homework and come up with an itinerary that meets your needs and interests. Then come back to this forum with specific questions and you will get plenty of help.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,650 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggest a three day tour of Paris for me!! (eat,see,and do)

If you search using the word itinerary here or do a web search for Paris itineraries, you will find thousands of ideas. They can also be found in every Paris guidebook. However as has been said, they are not geared to your interests and with such a short amount of time, I would think you would want to select what most interests you and your wife.

This forum is incredibly helpful but you need to do some legwork first to determine what you want to do & see. For restaurants, please provide more info including budget, any favorite foods or types of food and any particular areas where you expect to be at mealtimes (once you have an itinerary) for specific recommendations.

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,596 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Suggest a three day tour of Paris for me!! (eat,see,and do)

I'm really surprised to see a recommendation for Verjus (run by Americans) sandwiches (an anglo food) to someone coming all the way to Paris. Its good if you're an anglo food writer craving all things American (they love food trucks and burgers, too) but its hardly what most visitors imagine as Parisian cuisine, because, well, its not.

You want some romantic places to try? La Petite Marguery, La Cloiserie des Lilas (bistrot, not restau), L'Epi du Pin, La Cigale Recamier, Le Bon St Pourcain, Chez Rene, Les Gars dans La Cuisine, Robert et Louise, a creperie at Montparnasse.... are a few traditional French places. The folks at Parisbymouth are not particularly fans of these places because their chef's aren't cute and they don't serve cupcakes, but I'm okay with that.

Mentioned in this post
La Cuisine
La Cuisine
68 Reviews
Paris, France
PARIS
Level Contributor
12,806 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Suggest a three day tour of Paris for me!! (eat,see,and do)

you are easily surprised phready!

the forum is for giving a spectrum of ideas.

not just what we believe to be the truth.

Denver, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Paris, Denver
Level Contributor
6,099 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Suggest a three day tour of Paris for me!! (eat,see,and do)

Awww how sweet! Trey C, don't get discouraged about the more general feedback - I think you gave us plenty of interests to make suggestions!

Some tips, based on previous trips with my boyfriend..

- Romantic morning: Montmartre. The Musee d'Erotisme, the I Love You Wall, American-style lattes on rue des Martyrs (and French cafe au lait and croissants all day everyday), Espace Dali, shopping on rue des Abbesses...Place du Tertre....

- Romantic evening: Some wine/beer/cocktails in Latin Quarter, than a long evening walk through Ile de la Cite and Ile St. Louis. Stop at the plaza in front of Hotel de Ville, too. So beautiful.

- Romantic evening, #2: Place du Trocadero. For awesome views of the Eiffel Tower.

- Romantic tourist-sites day: Towers of Notre Dame in the morning, walk through the Louvre/Courtyards/Tuileries, Musee d'Orsay, end at Luxembourg Gardens before dinner

- Lots of bakery visits. Anytime anywhere.

- And lots of shopping. Anytime anywhere.

- And crepes. And coffee. And wine.

- Centre Georges POmpidou if you like wine.

- Must Eats: Neighborhood cafes for romantic intimate dinners. Find them when you are hungry istead of researching ahead. Much more spontaneous and exciting.

Have a FANTASTIC trip!

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
19,148 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Suggest a three day tour of Paris for me!! (eat,see,and do)

"You want some romantic places to try? La Petite Marguery, La Cloiserie des Lilas (bistrot, not restau), L'Epi du Pin, La Cigale Recamier, Le Bon St Pourcain, Chez Rene, Les Gars dans La Cuisine, Robert et Louise, a creperie at Montparnasse.... are a few traditional French places. The folks at Parisbymouth are not particularly fans of these places because their chef's aren't cute and they don't serve cupcakes, but I'm okay with that."

It's L'Epi Dupin -- cramped and not romantic at all, in my opinion, but serves fresh, original dishes made with quality ingredients ..which is probably why Paris by Mouth recommends it :)) They also list Au Petit Marguery (to me, just alright, but some really like it). Don't know about others, though Crêperie de Josselin is surely mentioned -- a wonderful traditional crêperie in Montparnasse area.

Parisbymouth.com is an excellent resource, that's in English but with links to both English and French food writers' reviews.

Mentioned in this post
La Cuisine
La Cuisine
68 Reviews
Paris, France