We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good lunch/dinner deals in 5th/6th arrondissement

Ireland
Level Contributor
55 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Good lunch/dinner deals in 5th/6th arrondissement

Hi,

I'm travelling to Paris at the weekend and am on a tight budget. I have read reviews of lots of nice restaurants in 5th/6th arrondissement (I am staying in the 5th, near Rue des Ecoles) but they are all very expensive. Could anyone advise me on a restaurant/bistro which is decently priced (or which has some sort of lunch/dinner 'deal' where you get so many courses and a drink for a good price)?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,513 posts
341 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Good lunch/dinner deals in 5th/6th arrondissement

Little Breizh in the 6th. Excellent savory galletes and crepes.

los angeles
Level Contributor
9,045 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Good lunch/dinner deals in 5th/6th arrondissement

Remember that you won't always be in the 5th/6th at meal time--you will be out exploring many other areas of Paris. But eating within a budget is not hard to do. There are sandwiches (as mentioned), pizza (as mentioned) and good ethnic As mentioned) in almost all areas of Paris. In addition, restaurants will have posted menus outside so that you can check prices. Chalk boards show daily specials and prices. You can conserve money in other ways by buying drinks (water, soft drinks--whatever you go for when you are thirsty or need a break) at a market. If you want, you can also purchase snacks (granola bars, fruit and nuts, etc) at the market and carry one or two of those items with you.

You need not hunt out specific names of places--you will be find locating a place to eat wherever you are. (Of course, you might expect to find more expensive places very near main tourist sites, where you can pay 15 euros for a beer--so you will skip those places!) But you will not be caught unaware if you check the menu before sitting down. And if you purchase a sandwich or the like to take away, there are many small squares where you can sit on a bench and enjoy your food.

Have a great trip.

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Good lunch/dinner deals in 5th/6th arrondissement

Seriously, this is not something you need to plan in advance, and if you do you'll almost never find yourself near anyplace recommended when you're hungry. There is food everywhere in Paris. Just look at the listed prices (it's obligatory for vendors to post them), and choose something affordable and appealing.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Good lunch/dinner deals in 5th/6th arrondissement

As others have said, you won't go hungry, even on a budget.

However, here are a couple of good tips to help you avoid "sticker shock" -

Menus and prices are posted outside the establishment.

All prices include service (what some call "a tip").

Tap water is fine and free - ask for "un carafe d'eau".

Sodas usually cost the same as beer and wine by the glass.

Drinks are sometimes included in a daily special price, but not always. Look for "boisson compris" - and make sure you order something on the suggested list.

Enjoy your weekend, et bon appetit!

PARIS
Level Contributor
12,812 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Good lunch/dinner deals in 5th/6th arrondissement

Miranda!

Can we ask what type of food you might like?

And what would you usually eat for what I call 'lunch'?

Such fun!

North Caroiina
Level Contributor
995 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Good lunch/dinner deals in 5th/6th arrondissement

Another vote for Chez les Libanais and Little Breizh in the 6th. You can eat at the first for under 10 € and dinner at Little Breizh for under 25€.

Ireland
Level Contributor
55 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Good lunch/dinner deals in 5th/6th arrondissement

Thanks so much for this (apologies for the delayed reply - TripAdvisor notifications don't seem to be coming through to my email account)

Ireland
Level Contributor
55 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Good lunch/dinner deals in 5th/6th arrondissement

Thanks all for your replies, I didn't get any notification via email so I do apologise for the delay, your help/advice is much appreciated

19. Re: Good lunch/dinner deals in 5th/6th arrondissement

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 29, 2014