We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bicycle map and/or app that can be used offline?

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
116 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Bicycle map and/or app that can be used offline?

Returning to Paris. Registered and set up Velib. I had a hard time before and still struggle to find a bicycle route map to get around the city, or an app, that can be used offline or downloaded/purchased ahead of time. I have Geovelo but you need 3G or wifi.

Suggestions?

Thank-you.

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Skip-the-Line Admission...
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,279 Reviews
from $102.90*
Paris, France
Level Contributor
13,646 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bicycle map and/or app that can be used offline?

I know nothing about apps of 3G/wifi but a map or pamphlet of bike lanes in the city is easily found in many places such as bookstores, newstands, magazine stores, tabac, larger supermarkets, department stores and many touristy souvenir stores. You can find regular city maps in these places too. Isn't there a downloadable map on the Vélib site that shows bike lanes?

2. Re: Bicycle map and/or app that can be used offline?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 10:26 am, December 31, 2015
Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
116 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bicycle map and/or app that can be used offline?

Thank-you. I will look for maps that have the bike lanes at the local stores.

I'm not sure but if Velib had a map, I believe it was unreadable when printed. Many of the ones I found were okay on the monitor but illegible once printed.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
13,646 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bicycle map and/or app that can be used offline?

I wouldn't get too hung up on seeking out bike trails anyway. It's more important to just have a good map of Paris that shows all the streets with street names. The bike books/maps will likely (although I'm not sure) only highlight those streets with bike lanes. You'll see loads of bike trails everywhere you go but you'll see more of the city if you get off the trails and go wander wherever looks interesting as you're riding along.

Toronto
Level Contributor
94 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bicycle map and/or app that can be used offline?

IOS application: Ulman Paris on app store. Fully downloadable Paris map with GPS locator functionality and complete Metro maps and map search. Works offline no data connectivity required. Been using it for Paris last couple of years. I love it.

Edited: 3:47 am, September 17, 2013
New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bicycle map and/or app that can be used offline?

Bicycling through Paris with the traffic is not for the inexperienced or faint of heart.

There are lots of bicycle lanes. Especially nice are those along the river, particularly west to east along the right bank, then over the bridge to the Eiffel Tower.

There's a terrific map here

paris.fr/pratique/deplacements-voirie/velo/c…

To download the pdf to your PC or phone, scroll down and click on

Télécharger la carte des aménagements cyclables au format pdf

A terrific app for "printing" to pdf to transfer to a phone is PDFLite.

My favorite (by far) pdf reader for smartphones is RepliGo.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
116 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bicycle map and/or app that can be used offline?

Thanks everyone, especially djkbooks. That map is exactly what I was seeking.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bicycle map and/or app that can be used offline?

Should have mentioned credit goes to Keroac2 who originally provided this link.

9. Re: Bicycle map and/or app that can be used offline?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:21 am, September 19, 2014