We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice dinner on a Sunday in Paris?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
239 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Nice dinner on a Sunday in Paris?

Hello Paris forum readers. We will be in Paris for five days and meeting friends for dinner on our last night, which is a Sunday. We would like to go somewhere nice but not over the top in $. We can go anywhere within a mile or so walking from the 7th (since it is our last night we want to be able to walk instead of metro. We'd like a three course meal in a place that us not too loud for conversation. Our price range is about 50 euros per person with house wine. I realize that for some people this might seem like an expensive dinner but in the city where I live it is not. Thanks you! (If you know arrondissement of restaurant you recommend or have other thoughts please share but please no comments on my price range)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,722 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice dinner on a Sunday in Paris?

You got some 18 responses in your similar thread. Read them before the fray escalates into mini warfare.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187147-i14-k68408…

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,611 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice dinner on a Sunday in Paris?

I think the OP re-posted because of the escalation in the other thread.

Check out Semilla in the 6th on rue de Seine.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice dinner on a Sunday in Paris?

Tospain

Your question is valid. Don't get the mis-impression that Paris is an inexpensive city.

I live in NY and they are comparable. You should expect to pay 50 each plus wine for moderate. There are also far far more expensive splurge restaurants in Paris.

Btw- the other thread does have good restaurant recommendations (read between the fray-sorry I am part if it- didn't mean to hijack)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,722 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice dinner on a Sunday in Paris?

AH, and the "line in the sand" will move here as well....

A La Petit Chaise on Rue Grenelle in the 6th for one. We liked it but some people think of it as dated. Well, it is after all one of the oldest restaurants, if not The oldest, in Paris.

David Lebovitz provides a list of restos open on Sunday.

davidlebovitz.com/2008/05/sunday-dining-i/

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,722 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice dinner on a Sunday in Paris?

I don't mean you, Doby, I was typing as you were. And I can see how easy it is to spend when you are having a good time, and when traveling, why not!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
239 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nice dinner on a Sunday in Paris?

Thanks to those of you who answered my question! And yes you are correct, I reported because of the judgmental responses

Oaxaca, Mexico
Level Contributor
42 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nice dinner on a Sunday in Paris?

One of my favorites for Provence style fare, "Le Chat Que Peche" on the pedestrian-only street near the Gothic St. Severin Church. Their limited menu includes mussel in cream sauce, their wines, Cotes Du Rhone. Well under 50 E each, Pedestrian only streets with lots of other choices in the area. 10 Rue Huchette

8. Re: Nice dinner on a Sunday in Paris?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:34 pm, September 12, 2013
Edited: 11:34 pm, September 12, 2013
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,426 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nice dinner on a Sunday in Paris?

La Fontaine de Mars on St. Dominique fits your bill. http://www.fontainedemars.com/index.html

(It was I who removed my previous post when I realized that the restaurant I was suggesting was not open on Sundays)

Edited: 11:53 pm, September 12, 2013
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,314 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nice dinner on a Sunday in Paris?

We lover Astier. Fixed price menu, very traditional bistro, a fabulous cheese tray left for you to choose. Quite close to the Canal St Martin which we walked a part of before heading for Astier. Suggest you book for Sunday night.

http://www.restaurant-astier.com/en/

Not the best of websites. Click on the menu on the table which only tells you that the menu is €39/head including the cheese tray. Mouse over the page for additional info, but I can never get the actual menu to load. Good reading in the press reviews.