We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guest Apartment Services - Rent from them!

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
710 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Guest Apartment Services - Rent from them!

TA does not accept reviews of apartment rental agencies. They told me that I should post my review on the forum. Even though I have written about this wonderful company and our beautiful apartment in my trip reports, I can't stop singing their praises. So here it is.

This agency was wonderful to deal with. I highly recommend it to anyone wanting to stay on the Ile Saint Louis (an historic, residential area with good restaurants - the only place to stay as far as I'm concerned - It is an oasis in the city). It is run by Phillippe Pée and Christophe Chastel. They could not have been nicer, more helpful or more accommodating. I had many email correspondences with them before our trip. They provided us with a list of recommended restaurants and a list of cultural events to which they could obtain tickets for us. They made all our dinner reservations, as well as our dinner cruise and cabaret reservations. They also told us which food shops they recommended on the Ile Saint Louis. They even had roses and champagne in our apartment on our arrival per my husband's request. Our pied-à-terre was on the north side of the island near Pont Sully. The building dates from 1640. There was a gate with coded entry leading to a small courtyard. Right through the main door was our door which lead up a small flight of stairs to our apartment. It looked just like the pictures on their website (guestapartment.com - our apartment was studio ABQA). There was a beautiful marble bathroom (robes, slippers and hair dryer provided),a small, fully equipped kitchen with a washer/dryer combo, 2 small crystal chandeliers, wood beam ceiling, non-working fireplace, hardwood floor, delightful furnishings, netting around the bed and a balcony (railing just outside the window) with a gorgeous unobstructed view of the Seine and Parisian life passing by on the street below. All this was for a very reasonable all-inclusive rate, no hidden charges. I can't tell you how much we loved our apartment and staying on the Ile Saint Louis. It couldn't get any better.

(I am posting a few pictures of the Ile Saint Louis and the view from our apartment on TA. Hopefully they will be available in a day or two. They would not post the pictures of the inside of our apartment, but the website has very good pix.)

Canada
Level Contributor
484 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guest Apartment Services - Rent from them!

Well they seem quite accomodating and the studios seem quite inviting but for 770-1295E per week for a studio I would hope so. These are at the top end of the price spectrum for aptartments

British Columbia
Level Contributor
257 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guest Apartment Services - Rent from them!

Georgeco-- if you think about staying for a week in Paris, having to spend roughly 100 E per night (or more of course), buying dinners out each night... the price adds up quickly. So, spending 800 E for an apartment isn't so bad!

My husband and I are absolutely going to rent next time we go.

Kensington, MD...
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Guest Apartment Services - Rent from them!

Yes, that's quite expensive for a studio apartment.

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
710 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Guest Apartment Services - Rent from them!

I thought the price was very reasonable. The two hotels we were considering cost as much (one was more) and did not offer near as much for your money.

Kensington, MD...
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Guest Apartment Services - Rent from them!

Well, yes it is less than a hotel, but for those prices you could get a much more spacious apartment, albeit not on the Ile.

Canada
Level Contributor
484 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Guest Apartment Services - Rent from them!

Thank you Truffaut. There are indeed hotels that will set you back this or more but there are also hotels that won't (Langlois) but my comment was indeed directed to the apples to apples issue. There are many fine 1 or 2 bedroom flats in the 900-1200E / week range and to pay that for a studio (aka closet) puts it at the high end of the spectrum.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
787 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Guest Apartment Services - Rent from them!

Everything is a matter of choice, of course, and as we say in French "Des goût et des couleurs il ne faut pas discuter"

I ,too,really like l île St-Louis but for the same price I rather cross a bridge, walk down a couple of streets and pay only 650 euros for a nice studio. That way I can afford to stay a month in Paris, like I did last May.

Or spend the same time and stay in a large, luxurious appartement in one of thoses "mysterious" two digits arrondissements, like I did last December. In that case the savings went into my champagne budget....

Garden Grove...
Level Contributor
3,189 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Guest Apartment Services - Rent from them!

It seems to increase the price if you get a river view. I 'm not so sure I'd like staying in an apartment on the lle. How convenient is it for grocery shopping? One of the main reasons for staying in an apartment is to eat some meals in. I can't recall a Monoprix, Franprix, or Supermarche there. Is there a street market? The veiw of the Seine is to die for but I got really spoiled staying right off Rue Montorguiel.

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
710 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Guest Apartment Services - Rent from them!

Our studio was quite roomy, definitely not a "closet". We loved staying in this quaint, historic and quiet part of the city. The view of the Seine from our window was priceless. There are many shops for buying food on the island - small grocery stores, cheese shops, bread and pastry shops, butcher, wine store, produce shops. We bought food for our breakfasts and picnic lunches from these shops.

Garden Grove...
Level Contributor
3,189 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Guest Apartment Services - Rent from them!

I must say the pictures on the web site do look very nice. It sure sounds like you liked that apartment. I'm glad you had such a great time.

We all have to decide how much money we will spend on lodging. It is a matter of priorities I think. since I love to shop I tend to budget money for that and spend less on food and lodging. Our last apartment was only $130.00 a night and was quited comfortable. The differnce will almost cover the cost of the perfume I bought in paris.