We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

supper plans?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
275 posts
Save Topic
supper plans?

(strange - I posted this an hour ago, and it never showed up...so posting again)

Hi, I'm a female solo traveler, in Paris Sept. 7-14 (SO excited!!) -- wondering if there are any other travelers (or residents) who'd like to get together for supper one night. Thanks!

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: supper plans?

If you have half a brain and decent instincts, this isn't a stupid proposition. A few years ago, in India, I met a lovely man in a jewelry shop in Kajaraho, spent a couple of hours with him drinking tea and buying a few items, and was invited to and agreed to go to dinner with him and his family. I traveled through really dark woods on a dirt road on a motorcycle with him to his house and had probably the best travel moment of my life. I was 55 years old. I still correspond with his family. I would never in a million years have made that connection if I hadn't be "open" to new experiences, fairly smart, and able to size up people, and eager to expand my boundaries. I had a cell phone with me with lifelines to my Indian friends who had helped me set up the trip. I had NO fear whatsoever, none. I've had far more right here in my home town of DC.

Compared to that, supper in Paris is pablum.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: supper plans?

jayhawkx - check your message box, I bet you will have some responses there.

13. Re: supper plans?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 28, 2014