We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tickets for transport/attractions

Radcliffe on Trent...
Level Contributor
153 posts
95 reviews
Tickets for transport/attractions

I thought there was a card to cover all transport in Paris including SNCF from CDG airport, plus entrance to many museums. I thought I'd seen it somewhere for about €150 pp for 4 days. I can't find it now. We are a family of 4, arriving 9.30am and not flying home till 21.00 on day 4 so a four day ticket would be useful. Did I actually see it somewhere? Would it be worthwhile getting? We have an apartment around Les Halles somewhere. Thanks

Special Offer
Big Bus Paris Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
1,980 Reviews
from $39.68*
$44.09
Special Offer
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
794 Reviews
from $37.59*
$41.77
Best Seller
Bateaux Parisiens Seine River Dinner...
London
Destination Expert
for London, Devon
Level Contributor
24,983 posts
52 reviews
1. Re: Tickets for transport/attractions

CDG Airport to any Métro station in Paris: €9.50 pp each way.

Bundle of ten single-journey Métro/bus tickets (can be used by more than one person): €13.30.

Museum entry: Don't know which museums you plan on visiting but I doubt you will rack up €115 per person in entry fees in four days.

I never buy any passes when I go to Paris.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
2. Re: Tickets for transport/attractions

You're probably referring to the Paris Pass (www.parispass.com), but it's no bargain, rather an assortment of passes you can easily purchase individually once you arrive in Paris such as the Museum Pass, Paris Visite transit passes (also not a bargain), etc. It is just not a good value as you can't really outrun the cost easily or conveniently (as it's NOT just one ticket for all) and much will go to waste.

There are all sorts of transit tickets and passes that are far more economical, and much depends on the ages of your children(?)

www.ratp.fr/fr/ratp/c_20585/titres-tarifs/

or for English

www.transilien.com

www.vianavigo.com

The free travel guide you can download from the Paris Pass website is, however, quite comprehensive and very useful

www.parispass.com/free-paris-guide-book.php

Paris, France
Level Contributor
18,267 posts
20 reviews
3. Re: Tickets for transport/attractions

No, such a card doesn't exist. You may be thinking of the overpriced Paris Passport which is just a combination of of tickets, it's not a card.

Radcliffe on Trent...
Level Contributor
153 posts
95 reviews
4. Re: Tickets for transport/attractions

Aged 24 and 25 so not kids although still our children!

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
5. Re: Tickets for transport/attractions

Under 26 for EU residents counts, too, for many things.

You did say "family"...and so many wonder why they receive snarky replies to inquiries.

Radcliffe on Trent...
Level Contributor
153 posts
95 reviews
6. Re: Tickets for transport/attractions

Thanks for the info about under 26's but I don't understand your other comment

7. Re: Tickets for transport/attractions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, August 28, 2014