We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are Eiffel Tower tickets sold out for October?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Westwood, New Jersey
Level Contributor
17 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Are Eiffel Tower tickets sold out for October?

So I went to ET website to purchase 1 ticket for the lift for October 10th to Summit. It said not available...at any time. I then looked at calender and most of October is not available. Am I screwed? If I knew this I would have bought months ago.

Or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,582 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Are Eiffel Tower tickets sold out for October?

If you change the option from "summit" to 2nd floor I found availability on other dates in October, but not the 10th.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
6,888 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Are Eiffel Tower tickets sold out for October?

Online tickets sell off 3 mths in advance; although not all tickets are sold this way. You can still come, stay in line and go to the top- the problem is it can be 2- 3 hours wait. Or you can walk up the stairs( for fee but cheaper and line is shorter) to the second level where you have an option of buying a ticket to the top.

Yet you can still trying to buy tickets online- they may become available closer to your date.

Westwood, New Jersey
Level Contributor
17 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Are Eiffel Tower tickets sold out for October?

SO if I walk to 2nd floor.... and make it and survive...... :) ....... there is never a problem to buy a ticket to summit?

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
6,888 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Are Eiffel Tower tickets sold out for October?

Yes, you can buy a ticket to the top at second level.

Yet, to tell the truth- I wouldn't .

View from that level is better than from the top IMO, but I was to the top before.

Edited: 9:44 pm, August 20, 2013
Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
132 posts
402 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Are Eiffel Tower tickets sold out for October?

I don't think it's a mistake. Tickets opened today for mid-november and were sold out by the afternoon. I was glad I set a reminder on my calendar!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
402 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Are Eiffel Tower tickets sold out for October?

If you just turn up, the waiting times can vary a lot, though in the few times I've done that, the shortest wait was about 5 minutes (morning, not long after opening), and the longest was 45 minutes on a saturday after lunch.. an that was in October or November.

Obviously no one can predict what the crowds would be like at any given time, and this is just based on my experiences as a "tour guide" for friends and family, none of whom wanted to book ahead.

I've never booked online, so I'm not sure how it works, but presumably if you book 3 months ahead, and then turn up, and it's pouring with rain and/or hazy/misty, then you can't change your time, and it's not uncommon for the top floor to be closed at short notice in really bad weather too.

Ahh, the chances we take with such things - security of a pre-booked ticket, and taking a chance on the weather, or taking a chance on long queues when the weather is good...

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
63 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Are Eiffel Tower tickets sold out for October?

You're not missing anything. Tickets for mid-October sold out within 6 hours of opening. Some posters have been successful stalking the website and scoring tickets closer to the date of their trip; otherwise it sounds as though walking to the 2nd floor and then buying tickets to the summit is the way to go.

We ended up buying tickets for the "behind the scenes" tour as an alternative. Slightly more expensive, but I've heard good reviews for it.

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Are Eiffel Tower tickets sold out for October?

Any idea how long it takes to walk to the 2nd level for someone in good shape?

Westwood, New Jersey
Level Contributor
17 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Are Eiffel Tower tickets sold out for October?

I was told by the Concierge at the hotel Im going to be staying at it should take about 1/2 hour to climb to 2nd floor..... I may have to hit the gym before I leave for Paris... lol

Tonbridge, United...
Level Contributor
832 posts
182 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Are Eiffel Tower tickets sold out for October?

i did the stairs to the second floor the day after I was up all night with food poisoning. Determination and a strawberry ice cream (it was all the I fancied eating after being so ill) got me up there. I did not regret it.