We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fondue place near Moulin Rouge

California
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Topic
Fondue place near Moulin Rouge

DowntownMinneapolis mentioned eating at a fun fondue place near the Moulin Rouge before seeing the show? Downtown, do you remember the name and address for this place? Does anyone else know any info on this place?

Sherry

Kensington, MD...
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Fondue place near Moulin Rouge

Probably Le Refuge des Fondues at 17, rue des Trois Frères

Level Contributor
3,493 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fondue place near Moulin Rouge

I don't know about his, but an excellent Fondue place in Montmartre is called La Grolle de Montmartre, 28, rue la Vieuville. Excellent place run by people from the Savoie.

Perhaps he was referring to Le Refuge des Fondues, 17 rue des 3 Frères. This place is definitely fun. You drink wine out of baby bottles, the whole works. But I think La Grolle is a better restaurant for fondue.

Les

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
3,831 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fondue place near Moulin Rouge

Sherry -

it is indeed Le Refuge des Fondus.

I remember as a backpacker going there in college, and went back last November.. and it was still open and JUST AS FUN as I remembered. We went there before our Moulin Rouge 11 p.m. show. Very close by.

Hit me up if you'd like to see our pics from that night.

e-mail me -- DowntownMinneapolis AT Hotmail com

And yes, you do drink wine out of baby bottles.

HAVE A BLAST !!!!

Le Refuge des Fondus

(tel 01 42 55 22 65, 17 rue des Trois Frères, 18e, metro Abbesses or Anvers). This establishment has been a Montmartre favourite since 1966. You can get an aperitif, red wine (or beer or soft drink) in a baby bottle and a good quantity of either fondue savoyarde (melted cheese) or fondue bourguignonne (meat fondue; minimum two people). It opens for dinner 7pm to 2am daily (last sitting at midnight or 12.30am).

California
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Fondue place near Moulin Rouge

Thank you for responding. I looked at a few postings of this place on google. It looks like there are two long tables. If you sit on the bench against the wall, you have to climb over the table. I wonder if they actually walk across the tables to get to the other side?

It also looks like you can write on the walls. And the baby bottles, I thought you were talking about those little mini glass coke bottles and wine bottles. I found out they really are baby bottles!

This place is definitely different, and looks like a lot of fun!

Minneapolis
Destination Expert
for Minneapolis
Level Contributor
3,831 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fondue place near Moulin Rouge

the host will help you up on to the bench, then over the table if you're sitting by the wall

e-mail me

and I'll send u photos

and the desert was really good