We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Girl Scout troop going to Paris! Lodging advice please!

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,665 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Girl Scout troop going to Paris! Lodging advice please!

I am the leader of a great Girl Scout troop. There are 10 motivated 12 year olds in our troop. We just spent a fantastic weekend in New York City. The girls raised the money for the trip throughout the year and did a fantastic job planning this trip. They have set their sights on Paris next year. They are motivated enough to do it too!

I am looking for some advice on lodging. There will be 10 girls and 9 moms on the trip. I think apartments may be our best choice or quad rooms. I'm thinking about Citadines chain or trying to find 3 two bedroom apartments in the same building. We are probably traveling next June so we have some time to search. But, alas, the girls want to get started planning now.

I would like to keep the rooms to a price of around 250.00 Euros per night or less. This may be a tall task but any advice is welcomed! Moms

P.S. Phread, I am sure I will be bothering you for some of your great advice about activities. You steered me correctly for my trip to Paris with my daughter last January.

AnneParis: Do you do cooking classes for pre-teens?

Thanks for the help!

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,665 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Girl Scout troop going to Paris! Lodging advice please!

I just entered "familia" hotel in the subject line on the forum. I'm getting some good info. If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know. Thanks, Moms

Kensington, MD...
Level Contributor
2,657 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Girl Scout troop going to Paris! Lodging advice please!

Assuming that AnneParis is not going to complete a quadruple renovation of her kitchen in time for your visit, you might consider taking a class at Atelier des Chefs (www.atelierdeschefs.com). You can reserve for an entire group and they will customize the instruction/menu to your needs for a group anywhere from 12 to 120. If you don't speak French, click on the little English flag at the top right of the screen, and then look for the heading "Private Events".

nashville
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Girl Scout troop going to Paris! Lodging advice please!

I have led a troup of 30 girls -- so I really liked the idea of breaking the group into teams -- maybe 3 teams? You would have some joint activities for everyone e.g. perhaps the boat trip on the Seine -- but lots of other things would be done by team

I would get apartments The convenience of having a washer, of having a kitchen (you could dispatch a couple of girls each morning to a nearby bakery to pick up the morning pastries and bread) is so great. It is nice to be able to have refreshments, to be able to eat breakfast in, to be able to keep picnic supplies cool.

If you are talking about 250 Euros for 20 that is not really possible -- but if you are booking 3 apartments at 250 each that is probably doable

although people might be nervous about a scout troop -- my understanding is that you have 9 moms -- so it would be girls and moms -- a lot less nervous making

sounds like a great trip and it would be terrific to be able to connect with a local troup for some activity

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,665 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Girl Scout troop going to Paris! Lodging advice please!

Grace: You are correct, we are 10 girls with 9 moms. I am looking for 3 apartments for around 250 Euros each per night. I found two apartments in the same building through www.vacationinparis.com. But I need one more.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. I really do like leading this troop and hope they will be able to get this together. The smaller groups may work. The main problem I have is that I am the only one completely comfortable getting around Paris. Several Moms have visited Paris but they do not feel comfortable on their own. We will see whether all of them choose to go. I will not be taking any girls without their Moms. That is just too much responsibility!

Moms

Idaho
5 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: Girl Scout troop going to Paris! Lodging advice please!

I just returned from a trip to Paris and stayed in a wonderful apartment for around 900 Euros a week. It is in the central Marais area of Paris.

the website is: http://www.apartment-in-france.com

I reccommend Isabelle highly.

Good luck!

Boditty

16. Re: Girl Scout troop going to Paris! Lodging advice please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, August 14, 2009