We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

super shuttle or taxi

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Port of Spain...
Level Contributor
379 posts
184 reviews
Save Topic
super shuttle or taxi

hi everyone, can you help me decide between booking a shared super shuttle to get to orly airport for a flight that leaves at 8:45 am on a wednesday or booking a taxi with g7. the shared shuttle is 36 euros for 2 persons. im not sure how reliable the shared supper shuttle is! thanks alot!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
23,008 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: super shuttle or taxi

Orly is closer to Paris than CDG and 36 may be about what a taxi would cost; it would not be a lot more than that. I would NEVER book a shared shuttle TO the airport -- you don't want to be faffing around picking up people when you have a plane to catch (in another European city I was on board such a shuttle that got lost trying to find the last party and got us to the airport 45 minutes later than scheduled. I would have missed the plane if I had not built in an insane amount of extra time and it was a close call as it was.) Given the unreliability of shuttles, they are just risky when the stakes are high.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
20,818 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: super shuttle or taxi

Orly is so close to Paris that taxis can operate far more efficiently than can shuttles, a business model designed for a longer distance service. Depending upon when you travel and form where in Paris you are picked up, a taxi to ORY can cost anywhere from 25€ to 35€.

Reliability is another big issue with shuttles, particularly those operating in Paris. I would suggest a taxi Parisian for your trip, the Taxi G7 English number is: 01 41 27 66 99. Call the day before to arrange pickup.

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: super shuttle or taxi

Taxi. I don't take shuttles ever, as the unreliability factor is always there but in NO case would I ever consider a shared taxi TO the airport.

Port of Spain...
Level Contributor
379 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: super shuttle or taxi

Hi thabks so much for everyone s advice! Can I book the taxi from now? Will thar change the cost?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,464 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: super shuttle or taxi

G7 Taxis can be booked between 1 hour and 7 days in advance. There is no real reason to book them very early, the day before should suffice (maybe 24h ahead if leaving on a Saturday or Sunday morning).

The taxi fare will depend entirely on road and traffic conditions during the journey. It can not be forecast with absolute precision in advance, however the 25-35 range should be valid in 90% of the cases. There can be a booking fee when ordering by smartphone, but the first order is free.

Edited: 3:11 pm, June 08, 2013
Port of Spain...
Level Contributor
379 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: super shuttle or taxi

Thanks Parisix!

7. Re: super shuttle or taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, June 10, 2014