We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booking Train from Paris to Barcelona

Miami FL
Level Contributor
446 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Booking Train from Paris to Barcelona

Hello

I need help! I am trying to book the day train (by air is not an option for our group) but when i go to the france site (changing ticket collection to France)

I use Paris and Barcelona as from/to I only get the night train

I am looking for Paris (Gard station) to Figueras (Spain) - Figueras to Barcelona Sants - I was able to find this on Rail Europe but read its more expensive than booking direct

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Booking Train from Paris to Barcelona

Have you un-clicked the direct trains button? This seems to have become the default in the latest redesign of the site.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
17,083 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Booking Train from Paris to Barcelona

I'm using www.voyages-sncf.com and chose August 14th as my travel date.

I'm getting 2 daytime trains to Figueres at 7:15 and 14:07. If I put Barcelona as my destination I only get the night trains.

Looks like you will need to book the connecting train on www,renfe.com . be sure to book from Figueres Vilafant to Barcelona.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
175 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Booking Train from Paris to Barcelona

Are you using SNCF.com (The site of the French railways)? I'm not sure which Paris station you mean by "Gard station".

I have searched Paris to Barcelona and Paris to Figueras and can see at least three daily options. The day trains to Barcelona require a change in Figueras also, while the night train is direct.

The trains to depart Paris for Figueras (and on to Barcelona after changing) at 7:15, 14:07 and 22:16, with the last option being the night train. Journey times vary from 6.5 hrs to approximately 11.5 hours depending on the train chosen.

Day trains depart from Paris gare de Lyon (Lyon station) and the night train from gare d'Austerlitz (Austerlitz station).

Miami FL
Level Contributor
446 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Booking Train from Paris to Barcelona

Hello yes its "Gare de Lyon" I saw the same thing where i would need to do separate booking on renfe for the barcelona part of the trip

The only thing is that by doing it separately is the same price and shipping on rail europe is free over $400

Thank you all for the clarifications!!

5. Re: Booking Train from Paris to Barcelona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 6:21 pm, December 26, 2015
Edited: 6:21 pm, December 26, 2015
Paris, France
Level Contributor
17,083 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Booking Train from Paris to Barcelona

You can print your tickets online. There is no shipping involved. I'm seeing fares as low as 59 euros per person.

Where are you seeing 400 euros? That makes no sense. What is your travel day?

Miami FL
Level Contributor
446 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Booking Train from Paris to Barcelona

Hello

The trip is for July 4th so def 30 days out

I was able to get the trains to come up by unchecking "direct journey" - This is for 8 people so putting in 6 it gives me 152 euro per person (715am)

I was hoping the direct train would be up as well!!!

Does anyone know how the transfer @ the Figueras station is (platform same level, stairs, escalators) I see there is only 15 min between trains

Also how much time should be allowed to get on the train at Gare de Lyon is 30 min enough to navigate the station and get on the train??

Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
Level Contributor
7,306 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Booking Train from Paris to Barcelona

"Does anyone know how the transfer @ the Figueras station is (platform same level, stairs, escalators) I see there is only 15 min between trains "

Very easy, same level, no stairs. The Spanish train meets the French TGV and 15 minutes is plenty of time for the transfer.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
17,083 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Booking Train from Paris to Barcelona

Tickets for July 4th went on sale almost 2 months ago. The cheapest tickets are long gone by now.

That said I'm seeing fates of 106 euros for July 4, and 72 euros for July 3.

I would buy seats in small batches as there may only be 4 tickets at the lowest price , and then you can buy the others at the next price level, so you could end up with 2 tickets at 106, 3 at 120, etc...

And buying so many tickets you may exceed the purchase amount levels set by SNCF.

10. Re: Booking Train from Paris to Barcelona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 01, 2014