We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ARR. 1 dining

Rumson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
133 reviews
Save Topic
ARR. 1 dining

Any local bistros within easy walking from the Louvre? Any on the Seine in ARR. 1? Thanks, Tricia

ues, new york city
Level Contributor
304 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: ARR. 1 dining

well, i stayed in the 8eme, within walking distance of the 1er last year... and when it comes to bistros, the 1er/8eme is more of a super touristy/ritzy area. if leisurely walking distance is 10-15 minutes, i recommend the bistrots in the marais, just down and off the rue de rivoli. there are many i remeber eating in around the rue roi de sicilie, but im sure locals on the forum will be able to tell you the better of these neighborhood places.

Northern California
Level Contributor
1,838 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ARR. 1 dining

A good bistro in the 1st, several blocks from the Louvre, is L'Ardoise. Reserve in advance, as it's popular. I don't think there are many restaurants of any kind along the Seine in the 1st, as the Tuileries Gardens and the Louvre take up a good deal of the space. You might want to try Café Marly; it's on the pyramid side of the Louvre. The museum itself also has a number of places to eat, from a (good) cafeteria to a full-fledged restaurant. For lunch we like the café in the Richlieu wing.

CA
Level Contributor
7,983 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ARR. 1 dining

Walk up through the Palais Royale to rue Vivienne. Le Grand Colbert is popular, but we much prefer the brasserie Le Vaudeville, across the street from the Bourse [Bourse Metro].

Rumson, New Jersey
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ARR. 1 dining

how would the prices for lunch compare inside the Louvre rather than a moderate city bistro/cafe? thanks, Tricia

Northern California
Level Contributor
1,838 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ARR. 1 dining

That would depend on which place you chose to eat in the Louvre--the cafeteria is relatively inexpensive, the Café Richlieu (or whatever it's called) is moderate. Haven't eaten in the restaurant; so I can't comment on that one. There's also a sandwich bar in the entry area.

Dunedin, FL
Level Contributor
88 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ARR. 1 dining

You can't get much closer to the Louvre than "Le Fumoir" immediately behind the Louvre on Amiral Coligny and IMHO better than the offerings in the Louvre. I have also tried and agree with l'Ardoise and the 2 pretty Brasseries mentioned by Francophool. Also on Mont Thabor is the nice little restaurant "Le Soufflé". Less than 500 yds. across the river by way of the Pont Royale or Pont du Carrousel is a very good bargain little spot called "Le Cinq Mars" on rue Verneuil.

7. Re: ARR. 1 dining

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, August 13, 2009