We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Capris in Paris (summer 2013)

Little Rock
Level Contributor
622 posts
115 reviews
Save Topic
Capris in Paris (summer 2013)

Yes, I'm a tourist. But I don't want to look like a magnet for pickpocketers ... So can I wear capris in Paris during the summer months (late June/early July) and not look like a pickpocket magnet.

My last few trips to Paris were in the cold months so this just hasn't come up before now.

Thanks!

SANDEMANs NEW Europe - Paris
City Tours, Bar, Club & Pub Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
White Umbrella Tours
City Tours, Cultural Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Day Trips
Retro Tour Paris
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours
City Wonders
City Tours, Night Tours, Cultural Tours, Day Trips, Sightseeing Tours
San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,199 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Capris in Paris (summer 2013)

I can't begin to say how many people I saw wearing capris! Man, Woman, Big, Small, Tall, Short. Every shape, size and gender. Many were French (when I could hear them speak) many were not. But wearing them doesn't target you to be pickpoceted - as already said.

Wear whatever you wear at home when it's warm.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
5,862 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Capris in Paris (summer 2013)

Capris or not, the pickpockets will still know that you are a tourist.

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,421 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Capris in Paris (summer 2013)

Fashion aside, It is very unlikely you will see many wearing capris this summer, as the rains have been torrential and mort of us are still in our winter woolens!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
1,944 posts
Save Reply
14. Re: Capris in Paris (summer 2013)

Quote: "Fashion aside, It is very unlikely you will see many wearing capris this summer, as the rains have been torrential and mort of us are still in our winter woolens!"

Nice typo Phread ;-)

Yes indeed, after the winter we had and with the current spring we are morts !

OP, anyway is not what you wear that will tell you're a tourist. It´s how you behave and were you are. As it has been said, what pickpockets are after is easy preys. It can very well be a tired/distracted parisian as any tourist.

Little Rock
Level Contributor
622 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Capris in Paris (summer 2013)

Thank you everyone for the response. When I did a search on "capris" the answers were primarily that no Parisian wears capris and you're automatically easy prey. Those responses were also from 2007, 2008. The search button can be funny acting. So I thought I'd inquiry for an updated answer.

I'll wear my capris and be very deligemt with paying attention to my surroundings. Again, thanks!!! I'm looking forward to my trip and can't wait to see Paris again.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Capris in Paris (summer 2013)

If anybody reading this is arriving before the end of May, it is been confirmed that in northern France it will remain rainy all the way to the end -- and considerably cooler in a couple of days. There may even be frost in the countryside.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
19,103 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Capris in Paris (summer 2013)

I'm afraid that paying attention to one's surroundings and wearing (or not wearing) capris isn't the way to secure your valuables (cash and docs) ..which need to be stashed safely/hard to access, such as in an inner zipped pocket or even a well hidden money-belt.

Franklin, Tennessee
Level Contributor
44 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: Capris in Paris (summer 2013)

I've seen French men wearing manpris. They also carried a "man purse", too, so if you want to look European then get yourself (or your hubby) a man purse to carry.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,961 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: Capris in Paris (summer 2013)

Let's be realistic -- if you're standing in line at the Louvre, Notre Dame, or the Eiffel Tower, chances are you're a tourist, whether you're wearing capris or a tuxedo.

20. Re: Capris in Paris (summer 2013)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, May 23, 2014