We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CDG to Saint Michel Notre Dame RER

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
367 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
CDG to Saint Michel Notre Dame RER

We are thinking about taking the RER from the airport to the Saint Michel Notre Dame RER station then walking to our hotel which is near the Pantheon. I have looked and searched for other related posts and am getting confused. This is our first time in Paris so I am still trying to understand the public transportation system.

Do we take RER B from the airport to Saint Michel ND? Is it a non-stop trip or will we have to stop and switch trains?

I am currently looking at a map at this link:

parisbytrain.com/files/2008/05/rer.pdf

Please advise! I appreciate all the help I can get.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
24,101 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: CDG to Saint Michel Notre Dame RER

If your hotel is near the Pantheon I bet the Luxembourg stop is closer -- at least map it out. You can look on google maps or check your hotel website. It would be a longish walk uphill from San Michel but through a very lovely part of Paris.

And all trains from the airport stop at St. Michel and at Luxembourg -- no changing trains. Be careful to stow your valuables i.e. no wallet in pocket. Coming in with luggage makes you a target which is only a problem if you have stuff where it can be snatched.

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: CDG to Saint Michel Notre Dame RER

It is not a non-stop trip on the RER to the St-Michel Notre Dame stop and you do not have to change trains. How much luggage will you have and how many people are in your travel group? Depending on the size of the group and the amount of luggage, a taxi may end up being almost as cost effective as the RER. On the parisbytrain website that you have been to, they have a section with a step by step guide to taking the RER into Paris at parisbytrain.com/charles-de-gaulle-airport-c… Do you that it is about a 15 to 20 minute walk from ND to the Pantheon? Have a great trip.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
367 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CDG to Saint Michel Notre Dame RER

Hi There! Ok I used Pantheon as a reference because a TA user said that was closest. Our hotel is the Abbatial Saint Germain. Here is the address: 46 Boulevard Saint-Germain 75005 Paris, France

It will just be my boyfriend & I and we will have a total of 2 small suitcases.

So the trip is direct? Will they say on the train which stop is coming up next? Do you know where I can check how much a taxi would be from the airport to Saint-Michel Notre Dame or our hotel? I will check out the link you sent me now to see step by step. Thank you!

Bridgend, United...
Level Contributor
886 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: CDG to Saint Michel Notre Dame RER

I am no Paris expert but when I visit my daughter in the 16th I use the RER. CDG to Saint Michel, very easy . I have to change to the metro there .Honestly if I can manage it on my own you two will find it a breeze. I believe a taxi would cost quite a lot. Enjoy :)

Edited: 1:47 pm, May 02, 2013
Florida
Level Contributor
17,102 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: CDG to Saint Michel Notre Dame RER

Above the doorway of each car in the train is the route map. So you can see that you are starting at one end of the route (CDG Aeroport...) and heading toward St Michel/Notre Dame. The stop before that one is Chatelet/les Halles. and before that, Gare du Nord.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,147 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: CDG to Saint Michel Notre Dame RER

Well, that hotel is really not "near the Pantheon"...

St-Michel would be the closest RER stop, but transferring to Metro Line 10 to Maubert-Mutualite would get you a LOT closer.

RATP website is a fantastic resource. Enter the address for nearby metro and RER stations.

Palo Alto...
Level Contributor
2,760 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: CDG to Saint Michel Notre Dame RER

So now that we have the address of your hotel, I think that your original plan of getting off the train at St Michel ND and walking is a great choice. The walk should be less than 10 minutes. The walk from the Luxembourg RER stop would be longer. The RER is a commuter line and the stops are announced but I never rely on that in case the speakers are not working or I don't understand what was said. I suggest that you just watch for the stops. The link that I sent you lists the stops under Arrival Stations. I am not sure but I think that taxis from the airport should be between 35 and 50 euros.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
11,458 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: CDG to Saint Michel Notre Dame RER

To learn how to get around Paris by métro/bus/RER use www.ratp.fr. Here is an interactive map of the system:

www.ratp.fr/plan-interactif/carteidf.php…

Since parts of this website are only in French you can also use www.transilien.com or www.vianavigo.com. Via Navigo probably has the most complete English website.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,102 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: CDG to Saint Michel Notre Dame RER

A taxi from CDG to your hotel would cost roughly 45-50€ for two people and a couple of bags.

If you take the RER (9.50€ each ticket) and get out at St Michel/ND, then the walk is about 550m/7 minutes:

http://goo.gl/maps/udnKM (google map)

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: CDG to Saint Michel Notre Dame RER

The RER is the best option.