We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to avoid in Paris

Bay Area
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Places to avoid in Paris

I actually visited Paris in 2003 for a few days with an adult friend. Our visit was so brief we only had enought time to hit the tourist spots and fly home. However, next year I will visit Paris for 14 days with my 23-year-old daughter and am more concerned about safety. Are there places in Paris two women should avoid?

Thank you in advance. I find the collective minds in this forum better than any tour guide!

USA
Level Contributor
28,006 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to avoid in Paris

Paris is a relatively SAFE city in most places, at most times of the day or night if one (male or female) exercises some fundamental cautions and common sense. The areas which tend to have problems are those out at the very fringes of the city. Even the somewhat notorious areas around Pigalle are notable mainly for the occasional lewd behavior one might observe----rather than and threat to others. Try to contain your after-dark activities to the canter of Paris and carry the telephone numbers of radio-dispatched taxi services if you plan to be out late at clubs (after 12:30 AM when the Metro makes its last runs of the nigh). Otherwise, you'll be just fine on your own.

Bay Area
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to avoid in Paris

Thank you. I appreciate the reassurance and great suggestions.