We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport to Disneyland

4 posts
Save Topic
Transport to Disneyland

I'm staying in a youth hostel in Montparnasse in Paris at the end of July with a friend and would like to visit Disneyland for a couple of days. I know there is a station at Marne-la-Vallée.

How frequently do these trains run?

Is it necessary to book in advance?

How much does the train cost (cheaper for students?)

Also is it necessary to book Disneyland tickets?

Any answers to these questions would be appreciated.

im sure il have more questions later

Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,182 Reviews
from $109.30*
Skip the Line: Eiffel Tower...
790 Reviews
from $124.40*
Level Contributor
314 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport to Disneyland

<<<How frequently do these trains run?>>> : very often, like one each 20 minutes (1/2 hour on the WE)

<<<Is it necessary to book in advance?>>> absolutely not. It like taking the Metro. In fact, it is the RER (the metro for the subburbs).

<<<How much does the train cost (cheaper for students?)>>> : 6,20 € for a 1 way trip.No special fare for students.

<<<Also is it necessary to book Disneyland tickets?>>> it is not necessary to book DisneyLand tickets as you can buy them at the entrance. However, booking will avoid you long wait, especially on WE and in summer. Try to arrive soon so you'll be able to experiment all the attractions (think about the "fast passes")

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport to Disneyland

If you plan your visit to Disneyland on a Saturday or Sunday, assuming you are under 26, a one day "Ticket Jeunes" for Zones 1-5 is available for 6€20. In fact a one day Mobilis pass for Zones 1-5 is available for 12€10, saving you a massive 30 Euro-cents over the round-trip RER fare to Marne-la-Vallée.

To research all your various transportation pass options for your stay in Paris, check this post:

You can buy a one day Disneyl;and pass at métro stations for 43€ avoiding the lines at Disneyland, but you will still have to purchase your RER ticket or Mobilis or other pass separately..

4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport to Disneyland

cheers for your help. I have one more question.

Which station in Paris can I get this train from?

Thanks for your help.

waterlooville uk
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport to Disneyland

Hello - I was just passing through and I know the answer to this one!

You need the RER line A4 going in the direction of Marne La Vallee - Chessy (the station for Disneyland). You can catch this at any of the following:-

Charles -de-Gaulle Etoile (that's not the airport - it's Arc de Triomphe)

Chatelet-les Halles

Gare de Lyon

Have fun.

5. Re: Transport to Disneyland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, August 14, 2009