We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

paris trip which days should i avoid

united kingdom
Level Contributor
140 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
paris trip which days should i avoid

im going to paris later this year and just wondering what days to avoid the trips i would like to do

1)catacombs 2)notre dame 3)eiffel tower at night 4)champs ellysee walk the shops 5)seine cruise

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,280 Reviews
from $104.00*
Chicago
Level Contributor
3,137 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: paris trip which days should i avoid

Are you looking for dates of holidays when it will be specially busy or things might be closed? Around what dates are you considering traveling?

Freetown, Sierra...
Level Contributor
57 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: paris trip which days should i avoid

The closing days for some attractions are Monday or Tuesday, however many are open every day, so you can still find things to do, it just takes some planning.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: paris trip which days should i avoid

You can find this information quite easily in a guidebook. You do have one?

united kingdom
Level Contributor
140 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: paris trip which days should i avoid

hi not yet happy goin

los angeles
Level Contributor
9,684 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: paris trip which days should i avoid

Of the attractions you mention, the Catacombs are closed on Mondays--all the rest are up and running 7 days. If you are spending a very short time in Paris (like 3 days), try to include a Saturday. I love Saturdays in Paris--lots of street markets open, etc. You can't go wrong with at Thurs, Fri, Sat.

For a longer time, then you can schedule around any closures. If you are a "museum person" (although you don't mention museums on your list), then Mondays and Tuesdays are the days of possible closure--and you can check that online until yo get your guidebook.

Many stores are closed on Sundays, but not the ones on the Champs or in the Marais.

united kingdom
Level Contributor
140 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: paris trip which days should i avoid

sounds great mckal3k yes im spending 3 days in paris we are not sure if we are flying into paris we may travel via london and use the eurostar depends on the price diffrence near the time. the markets sounds like a good idea you are correct we don't want museums so i think staying thur til sat maybe the best idea then i have 2 days to travel to another country maybe germany belgium italy

7. Re: paris trip which days should i avoid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, March 14, 2014