We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is 4 nights enough?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
124 reviews
Save Topic
Is 4 nights enough?

Hey everyone!

Me and my partner are thinking of going on a city break to Paris and what to see absolutely everything, these sites include; the Eiffel tower the arc de trimophe, cathedral of Notre dame, the lourve and the palace of Versailles. I realise that Paris is very spread due to the river and not everything is in one place, would 4 nights be enough to do all this?

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,452 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is 4 nights enough?

Well you've posted this in a forum full of people who go back every year because they can't get enough ;-)

I went for two nights last summer, and it was nowhere near enough, so we're going back for 10 nights this summer. And another week or two the summer after that (just found out hubby has to present a paper in August 2014).

With only four nights, I have no idea how I would pare down the list. You might want to take a look at some of the itineraries to the right of your question and make a list of what you want to see. Allot 1 item to each morning and afternoon. The Louvre is open late on Friday nights, so you could make that a Friday evening. Versailles is an all-day attraction, so fill both a morning and an afternoon with that. Then see how your chart looks! It might give you a better idea if four nights is enough.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is 4 nights enough?

Thank you so much for your help :-) I didn't even notice them! Thank youuu

Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,452 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is 4 nights enough?

You're welcome! they're really easy to miss :-)

I found out about a lot of great things just by reading the forum a lot. There's tons of great ideas people have.

Be sure to schedule time to just hang out at cafes, or go shopping. There are lots of great little markets :-)

Loughborough...
Level Contributor
1,256 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is 4 nights enough?

The good thing about Paris is that everytime you go you can always find something else to see and do, an with the eurostar now its easy enough to get there in hours, i also noticed you live in birmingham and im guessing you get the train to euston and then its a short walk along the same road to st pancras where it departs.

I recently took my friend as she had never been to pairs before for 3 nights. On our first day we got up early and went straight to the Notre dame, walked around ( was also lucky enough to see part of a service), then went up to the top... sooo many stairs but worth it when we got to the top, We then went to the louve and spent a few hours there. We then had a quick lunch and carried on through jardin des tuilieries along the champs elyesse ( didn't really do any shopping though) through to arc du triomphe, we didn't go up but was still nice to see it again. And then to the eiffel tower! After this we went for a meal and got the bus to the moulin rouge. We didnt end up going to see the show as we hadn't booked in advance and there was no tickets left but wasn't to bothered about that anyway. Just took a few photos of the windmill but to be honest wasn't too impressed with it, not like the film.

Dont ask how we managed to do all this in one day I don't know but it helps that I know my way around Paris a little

We then dedicated our next day to shopping in printemps and galleries laffyette and the last day in Disney.

So I guess maybe it could be done if you are just looking to do the main sites but I should think once there you will decide you want to go back again anyway =]

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
21,845 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is 4 nights enough?

Last summer I took my boyfriend to Paris who had never been, We stayed 7 days, then did some other travels then spend another 4 days ,, my boyfriend refers to that visit as the Bataan Death March as I wanted him to see at least the highlights, lol and made sure he did we saw/did:

Louvre Museum

OrsayMuseum

Invalids and Napoleons Tomb

Cluny Museum

Arc D Triomphe( walk up Champs)

Eiffel Tower

Versailles

Luxembourg and Tuilleries Gardens

Walk by Madeline and Pantheon

Petit Palais Msueum

Shoah Memorial

Carnavalet Museum

Sacre Coeur and Monmartre

Notre Dame

St Eustache

St Chapelle

Concierge

Spent time wandering through many neighborhoods too, and still, didn't see everything I wanted him to see, lol , we will have to go back...

PS To be fair, we consider most museums 1/2 day visits at least , we enjoy them and never rush through them , they are not duties or things checked off "must see" lists to us, they are treasure troves of fascination to us. Some people can just visit for an hour and go on the the next one , we tend to pick one a day, and then one more outdoorsy thing, wandering an area, visiting a smaller quick site, a long lunch .. etc.

Chicago
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is 4 nights enough?

These are the things my wife and I were able to see in 4 days last September

Day 2 (Tuesday)

Notre Dame - Towers & Cathedral

Pantheon (didn't go in)

Luxembourg Gardens

Conciergerie / St Chapelle

Arc de Triomphe

Day 3 (Wednesday)

Louvre

Invalides (only saw Napoleons Tomb)

Champs du Mars

Eiffel Tower - Behind the scenes tour 5pm

(walked everywhere this day)

Day 4 (Thursday)

Sacre Coeur

Musee D’Orsay

“Walking Tour”

Grand Palais

Petit Palais

Place De La Concorde

Tour St. Jacques

Hotel de Ville

walked from D'Orsay past all these locations, stopped and had Chocolate Chaud at Angelina along the way.

Day 5 (Friday)

Trip to Versailles with Bike about Tours 9am-6pm

Tour Montparnasse at night

Edited: 2:51 pm, March 04, 2013
7. Re: Is 4 nights enough?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, March 06, 2014