We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from CDG to center during the Paris Marathon?

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Indiana
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from CDG to center during the Paris Marathon?

Hello! I am arriving at CDG the morning of April 7 at 10:00 am. I would like to take a taxi to my hotel (on ile saint louis), but it appears this is the same morning of the Paris Marathon. Can anyone who is familiar with the marathon advise whether a taxi would have difficulty reaching the center during the race? I know in many cities traffic is severely restricted during marathon races. Any insight on this matter would be greatly appreciated!

Florida
Level Contributor
17,102 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from CDG to center during the Paris Marathon?

I think the taxi could work around the route and get you there, but you might pay a good bit more for the extra travel...

Sure you don't want to try the RER-B to St Michel/Notre Dame, then walk to the Ile St Louis? costs about 10€, trains run several times per hour, closed roads have no impact ;-)

2. Re: Taxi from CDG to center during the Paris Marathon?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 02, 2014