We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris at Easter

Victoria, Canada
9 posts
Save Topic
Paris at Easter

Hello,

We are two adults who want to spend about 3-5 days in and around Paris on a limited budget. We have a two-week period in which we can visit Paris, and the Easter weekend is in the middle, so we want to know if it's better or worse to visit Paris during the Easter weekend compared to visiting immediately before or after.

Is there reduced public transport? Do inexpensive hotels/hostels fill up?

Do tourist attractions in Paris shut down? I'm thinking specifically of Versailles and Malmaison, but also about museums and other tourist sites in general.

Thanks for your help!

San Diego
Level Contributor
2,404 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paris at Easter

We were there over Easter last year. I can't answer all your questions, but can answer some.

It was crowded. More than normal? Worse than immediately before or after? Sorry, I cannot say. It was more crowded than last time we went to Paris, but we went different places this time, so it could be the sites we visited, or the time of year, or just more people traveling in general?

Public transport: I don't believe there was a reduction of the metro or buses. On Easter Monday, we went to Giverny and the train schedule was a bit reduced (I think it was the normal Sunday schedule), but did not hinder our ability to go there.

Nothing is closed that is not normally closed, ie if a museum or site is always open on Sunday or Monday, it will still be open. If it is usually closed, it will be closed.

HTH!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paris at Easter

Easter weekend has plenty of tourists, but there are few times when Paris does not have a lot of tourists.

One thing to know is that Good Friday is not a holiday in France, but Easter Monday is. No big deal, but the tourist hordes will vary on Friday and Monday depending which country the vistors are from.

On any holiday, public transport uses the Sunday schedule, which means waiting for the metro for 5 or 6 minutes instead of 3 or 4 minutes.

3. Re: Paris at Easter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 23, 2014