We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Which Hotel ?"

Castlederg, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
"Which Hotel ?"

Iwould like some Advie(Help)on choosing a Hotel for a weekend in October as there are Thousands,clean,comfortable and well located and affordable Thank You!!!

Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,167 reviews
from $109.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
465 reviews
from $300.40*
Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,464 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: "Which Hotel ?"

We'd need a few more details to be able to help:

- what is "affordable" for you? 75 EUR? 150? 250?

- which week-end (September and early October are big convention periods, so some places may be already booked solid)?

- how many people? kids? need something like a triple / quadruple room?

Edited: 7:39 am, February 21, 2013
Saratoga Springs, NY
Level Contributor
5,461 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Which Hotel ?"

I use the Trip Advisor reviews. They will sort them by different categories (budget, family, romantic etc) and I've never had a problem with one that was in the top 10% for ratings

Paris, France
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: "Which Hotel ?"

Many times the TripAdvisor reviews are not accurate and they do not list all of the hotels. Parisix has the good idea to ask for more specific information for your budgets. There are many charming and homely hotels also depending on which location in Paris you prefer.

Castlederg, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "Which Hotel ?"

Affordable is about 100-150 a night,we are going for the arc races on Sunday 6th and stayin till tuesday 8th oct there is just 2 of us ...Thank you

Castlederg, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "Which Hotel ?"

Thank you for your reply,we dont know paris at all as we have never been.We are going to the races between the 6th-8th oct and our budget for the 2 nights is around 250-300 euros

Oregon
Level Contributor
5,173 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "Which Hotel ?"

Hotel Diana is simple and affordable and people seem satisfied with it. It is not fancy. I have a friend who stayed there and was happy.

Also you might try: Hotel Muguet http://www.hotelparismuguet.com/ It seems a little nicer but also within your price range.

Montreal
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
19,103 posts
153 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: "Which Hotel ?"

See if you like Hotel Emile -- it is 306 euros for the 2 nights, breakfast included, is in a convenient location in central part of charming Marais area, close to sights and a metro station. Was recently renovated ..rooms are small, but that's often the case in Paris.

http://www.hotelemile.com

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
22,394 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: "Which Hotel ?"

I have used tripadvisor.com hotel reviews for years, and taken at least 10 or more hotels by using them.

The trick is to use them as a guide, read several pages , and look for common opinion, one person grumping does not make a place good, but 5 people complain about same thing, pay attention, even if last review was glowing..

Also pay attention to what people complain about, it may not bother you, I do not pay any attention to people who complain about old hotels that have "old decor" or "worn faded carpeting", etc, as long as most people say it is CLEAN. I also think people who pay 100 euros for a room then complain there was no bell man to carry their bags or a gym are silly..

I also then cross check by just googling hotels name and word "reviews" as there are often reviews posted on other sites, and that includes booking sites like expedia and booking.com., I read all the reviews then usually book directly with hotel if price is better or same as booking agencys.

I have never booked a hotel I found by looking at the tripadvisor reviews and been surprised at what they were like. I also like the users photos.

Castlederg, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: "Which Hotel ?"

Thank You for your help!

Castlederg, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply