We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Picnic items

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,704 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Picnic items

I realize that this is probably a pretty dim question but I have to ask. We're planning to have a picnic for most of our lunches. We don't however want to carry our items around all day. Ideally, we would pick up the things we would like in the area we're visiting at the time and find a nice place to eat. I'm assuming we'd be looking for a boulangerie, charcuterie, and fromagerie... are these usually located near each other? Are there places that have all three in one? Our lunch areas, as such, will be near Jardins des Tuileries, Jardin Luxembourg, Ile St Louis and probably Le Marais ... can you recommend specific areas we should look for our picnic items? I can just see us, with three small kids in tow, searching for items for lunch.. I expect we would quickly end up in very expensive restaurants just for the ease of it very quickly and we really wish to avoid that if possible.

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,704 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Picnic items

Thanks Pjk. Our hotel is across from les Tuileries. I figured it was ok to walk to the Musee d'Orsay from there but wasn't sure of the best route to head on to the Rodin and then to market.

I've had great responses to my itinerary postings... maybe I should post it again with requests as to how we should get from place to place. I envisioned walking everywhere as it looks so close together on a map but realistically, this may not work with our 5 yr old and 7 yr old... or it may work well for day 1 and then fall apart by day 5. We spend the next week travelling around Switzerland as well so I don't want them to be completely tired of walking since we do plan to do quite of a bit of it the following week as well.

22. Re: Picnic items

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 14, 2014