We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cdg airport to denfert rochereau

south wales
Level Contributor
64 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
cdg airport to denfert rochereau

Hi, I've been looking on the rer website and as far as i can make out i can get a train from cdg straight to denfert rochereau, but i can't find times, or how often they run, or what line i need to look for?

we arrive at the airport in march (easyjet) after 8pm, any help appreciated. thanks.

Likely To Sell Out
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,158 reviews
from $108.20*
Likely To Sell Out
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
Likely To Sell Out
Luxury Paris Day Trip with Champagne...
460 reviews
from $331.40*
longbeach ca
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: cdg airport to denfert rochereau

Thank you very much for all the helpful responses. I am looking forward to this trip and I hope everything goes as planned.

shoreline
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
12. Re: cdg airport to denfert rochereau

Would appreciate any names of hotels in the Denfert rochereau neighborhood. We will be arriving about 11pm and need to be back to airport at noon the next day. Still, we would like to spend a little time in Paris on the way home from Istanbul.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,210 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: cdg airport to denfert rochereau

How are you arriving and departing Paris?

What do you want to spend for a hotel?

shoreline
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: cdg airport to denfert rochereau

We are arriving and departing by plane. Paris is simply a stop between Istanbul and our home in Seattle. We are using free air miles so our route is a bit odd. On our return trip to Seattle, perhaps our best bet is simply to stay at the airport and not try to get into town for such a short stay. On the wayTO Istanbul, we have about a 6 hour layover in Paris during the day. For this leg, we thought we would try to rent locker at airport and take train into Paris for several hours. Thoughts on this and the possibility of storing luggage? We have been to Paris a number of times but never as a layover. Thank you for your thoughts on both overnight hotel as well as day only visit on our way to Istanbul. Linda

shoreline
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: cdg airport to denfert rochereau

I forgot to answer cost part about hotels in Paris on our way to and from Istanbul. We don't usually stay in expensive chain hotels but rather small, older, family run places that are clean and comfortable. In Paris we are assuming we would need to pay somewhere around $100-125.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,210 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: cdg airport to denfert rochereau

Let me see if I'm following your itinerary:

<>Arriving CDG to connect for Istanbul, 6 hour layover.

- taxi into Paris or RER into Paris 40 minutes minimum, not counting time to buy your train tickets

- same for return, at least 40 minutes

- don’t you need to be ready for your flight at least 1-2 hours before departure? You’ll have to recheck bags and go through security, correct?

There have been other threads regarding coming into Paris on a 6-7-8 hour layover - - it is rather risky, and you have to be really organized; is it worth jeopardizing your ongoing flight? You can do a forum search for the 'layover' threads and see if others were successful and how they managed it.

<>Departing CDG for Seattle, US

- you will be arriving in Paris at CDG at 11pm? with an afternoon flight out of CDG the next day?

- you need to be back at CDG 3 hours before your flight departure, so is your flight around 3pm? (since you say you’ll be back to CDG by noon)

- meaning, you’ll need to leave Paris by 11-11:15am

- you won’t get into Paris the night before until after midnight

It does seem that it would not be a good value to travel to/from Paris only to sleep and see something the next morning before you have to leave.

17. Re: cdg airport to denfert rochereau

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 29, 2014