We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mid afternoon lunch St Germain

UK
Level Contributor
96 posts
48 reviews
Save Topic
Mid afternoon lunch St Germain

Recommendations please in the area between St Germain/Mabillon metros and the Seine. Ideally, looking for resto with good value set day menu, thanks.

Florida
Level Contributor
17,121 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mid afternoon lunch St Germain

For an actual restaurant or bistro, you probably need to stick to typical lunch time, something like noon-1:30? For a cafe or brasserie, you could order from the carte at any time... I'm thinking a 'set menu' (or formule) is offered for lunch time and not all afternoon, but I could be wrong.

(when you say mid-afternoon lunch, I'm thinking you mean 2-4:00pm)

UK
Level Contributor
96 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mid afternoon lunch St Germain

Yes thanks, 2-4pm is about right

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,884 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mid afternoon lunch St Germain

At that time you'll probably not find a set lunch menu. Lunch usually ends by 2:00.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mid afternoon lunch St Germain

Good value set menus and other specials (plats du jour) are typically available only at places that actually serve lunch and dinner (but are closed in between), as opposed to places with continuous service and extensive menus that rarely change.

If that's where you're going to be between those hours, just watch for places with continuous service.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
5,707 posts
349 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mid afternoon lunch St Germain

Little Breizh in the 6th. Set menu till 230 when I was there. Delicious, excellent galletes and crepes.

UK
Level Contributor
96 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mid afternoon lunch St Germain

OK thanks, forgot to mention it will be a Saturday if that makes any difference.

New Hampshire
Destination Expert
for Paris
Level Contributor
21,261 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mid afternoon lunch St Germain

Many (probably most) place that serve lunch and dinner do not serve lunch on Saturdays.

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mid afternoon lunch St Germain

Café des Editeurs might work. A classic.

Pjk
New Jersey
Destination Expert
for Key West
Level Contributor
34,783 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mid afternoon lunch St Germain

How about *on* the Seine? This is now called the Kiosks Flotant but the idea is the same. If you will be in Paris after about the first week in Paris, check it out...

tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g187147-d143…

Pjk

UK
Level Contributor
96 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mid afternoon lunch St Germain

Thank you all. We'll be there March1-3 so a little early for the O Fil De L'O but thank you for the suggestions. We won't be spending too long wherever we go as we'll be heading up across the river to the Passages late afternoon, thanks.