We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Friday Prayer at the Grande Mosque

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
260 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Friday Prayer at the Grande Mosque

Hi all!

My husband and I are going to be in Paris in mid-April, we plan to leave on Friday, April 19 by train to Brussels, but want to stay in the city to attend Friday prayer at the Grande Mosque. I can't find a prayer schedule on their website, does anyone know what time Friday prayer begins?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
9,186 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Friday Prayer at the Grande Mosque

al-kanz.org/horaire-de-priere/…

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
260 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Friday Prayer at the Grande Mosque

Thanks! That's helpful for the prayer times, but it doesn't tell me what the start time of Friday Prayer would be at the Grande Mosque. If anyone knows that, I'd appreciate it!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
1,977 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Friday Prayer at the Grande Mosque

Bump

Paris, France
Level Contributor
25,245 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Friday Prayer at the Grande Mosque

mosquee-de-paris.net/salat/Paris/Avril.html

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
9,186 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Friday Prayer at the Grande Mosque

The mosque's calendar is exactly the same as the one I linked to. I am not sure what type of prayer you are asking about. Refer to the date and that is when the prayers will take place that day at the mosque.

Val-de-Marne, France
Level Contributor
9,186 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Friday Prayer at the Grande Mosque

Careful, kerouac's link is for April 2012, not 2013.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
3,464 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Friday Prayer at the Grande Mosque

Yet another source: trouvetamosquee.fr/institut-musulman-de-la-g…

(prayer schedules are under "horaires des prières pour Paris" on the right-hand side, updated daily)

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
260 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Friday Prayer at the Grande Mosque

Thank you guys all so much - this community is so helpful I appreciate it!

I guess to explain what I'm looking for is the start time for congregational prayer and sermon. For example, if you look at the prayer schedule for this Mosque, in bold it tells you the time for Congregation is 1:05pm.

http://www.icoi.net/prayerschedule

It also tells you on this Mosque's home page/calendar that the sermon begins at noon or at 1pm if you want to attend a later one. That's actually what I'm hoping to try and find - I would like to attend the sermon and the prayer together and would like to know if anyone has information as to when the sermon begins on a Friday.

Thanks all so much!

Melbourne, Australia
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Friday Prayer at the Grande Mosque

Sermon is in Arabic and started at 2pm. Prayers finished by 2:30pm. You might want to be there by 1:45pm.

10. Re: Friday Prayer at the Grande Mosque

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, April 14, 2014