We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rolling stones postponed?

birmingham
Level Contributor
38 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Rolling stones postponed?

It looks very likely that the rolling stones concert scheduled for 3/6/06 in paris is likely to be postponed and rescheduled for a later date due to keith richards injury apparently falling from a coconut tree.

I am only posting this as i know a few people have stated that they will be attending the concert.

Best wishes to keith on his recovery from a operation, but a big blow for me as was looking forward to my first rolling stones concert abroad.

birmingham
Level Contributor
38 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
41. Re: Rolling stones postponed?

Camera girl sorry to hear about your plight as you could do without the extra hassle & money problems.

Hope it works out for you and that scalper gets what he deserves.

birmingham
Level Contributor
38 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
42. Re: Rolling stones postponed?

Just a quick note to say what a great time we had in paris, obviously better if the stones were performing, but what a lovely city and most of the people were so friendly.

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,500 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
43. Re: Rolling stones postponed?

According to the 'mini copy' of USA Today that we read on the plane a few days ago, the tour will resume July 11. Some of the venues will be cancelled and some rescheduled, but they did not say which.

birmingham
Level Contributor
38 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
44. Re: Rolling stones postponed?

It will be 28 july for the stonesin paris, hope to be back for then, if not possibly next year as the stones are supposedly toing europe for next year.

Even thou paris is great it would be nice to try another capital city.

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,219 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
45. Re: Rolling stones postponed?

CameraGirl,

I recently bought tix here and asked what happens in the case of cancellation (it is an outdoor event). Here is what they recommend:

Do NOT mail your tix back to the broker. What you need to do is contact the company who sponsors the concert. They are the ones who should be giving you back your face value, as they are the ones who have your money.

The broker you dealt with would also have to send the tix in, and then he'd get a refund, which he then passes on to you, minus a commission, of course. And while it may be a bit creepy, it is his profession. Just think how you'd feel if you had to deal with returns on 50 or so tix because some geezer fell out of a tree.

46. Re: Rolling stones postponed?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 am, August 16, 2009